You already know that I think LunchSkins are pretty cool. Since school just recently started, LunchSkins wants to offer you a fun giveaway to give you the chance to green your lunch boxes this school year.
Not yet familiar with Lunchskins? These are reusable bags meant for replacing the plastic zip top bags in your lunchhbox. They have been constructed of of food-safe, high-quality fabric used by pastry chefs which results in a grease-proof, moisture-proof reusable lunch bag. They’re also dishwasher-safe, BPA, lead, and phthalate-free. Suddenly greening your lunch box didn’t seem so hard! (Plus…hello? cute!)
Their bags, unlike many other copycats, can be washed in the top rack of the dishwasher. That’s right. There is no extra laundry involved to wash these bags. The only thing that would make going green easier would be if the lunches started packing themselves.
Can’t wait for the giveaway? That’s ok. LunchSkins are available at over 300 Target locations and select Gap stores (with fun neon patterns), but you can also purchase Lunch Skins in their online store if you are unable to locate the sets in a retail store near you.
p.s. I love that Lunch Skins offers opportunities for school fundraisers (isn’t this so much better than purchasing chocolates or cookie dough that aren’t good anyway?) and that they donate a percentage of their sales towards charity.
Did you know that U.S. Citizens use 100 billion plastic bags every year?
One Winner will Receive a LunchSkins Prize Pack ($100 val)
- 2 sets of LunchSkins2 dog/ladybug/frog sets
- 1 bike sub
- 1 red spoon sub
- 1 green stripe sub
- 1 tangerine orange slice sandwich
- 1 green pear sandwich
- 1 berry reverse dot snack
- 1 bright yellow dot snack
- Check out what Lunch Skins has to offer and then share your best tips for “greening” your family’s sack lunches.
- Contest ends September 23, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- Contest open to US States only.
- Winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 3 days to respond before disqualified and a new winner chosen.
Optional Extra Entries:
An additional entry can be earned by doing the following, giving you a total of 3 entries. Leave a separate comment for each of your entries.
1. Follow goodlifeeats and Lunch Skins on Twitter and ReTweet the following message: I want to green my lunch box with Lunch Skins from @lunchskinsbags, so I entered the #giveaway on @goodlifeeats http://is.gd/yaF4Vu