Holiday Recipe Exchange Posting & Prize Details
Thanks so much for expressing interest in the GoodLife Eats and My Baking Addiction First Annual Holiday Recipe Exchange Series. We have received quite a few inquiries about the swap, so we decided to break it down a little further before the series launches next week. This document is meant to clarify any confusion, but if you are still unclear about something, please do not hesitate to email one of us!
pictured: Pumpkin Sugar Cookie Bars
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1.) Create a recipe using the ingredient specified for that week. For example:
- November 17th features Beanilla Trading Company, so your recipe must highlight vanilla.
- November 24th features Kerrygold Butter, so your recipe must highlight butter.
2.) If you want, help spread the word about the recipe exchange through your social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Sample Tweet: Join @GoodLifeEats and @BakingAddiction for a Holiday Recipe Exchange. See how you can participate (and WIN) here: http://bit.ly/9YCFgA Pls RT
3.) Post your recipe to YOUR blog on the day of the swap. For example:
- If you made a recipe featuring vanilla, post the recipe to your blog on November 17th. You can post later if you want, BUT voting will only run for 7 days starting each Wednesday. Essentially, the quicker you get it up, the more time you have to gain votes.
- Your post needs to mention the GoodLife Eats and My Baking Addiction Holiday Recipe Exchange Series and it must have a link to the featured swap post on either GoodLife Eats or My Baking Addiction. This is how you will direct your readers to head over and vote for you!
- Link your post to the widget that will be displayed within the featured posts on GoodLife Eats or My Baking Addiction. We are using the identical widget coding so you will only need to link your recipe post to one of our blogs, the widget will sync them between GLE and MBA.
4.) Help spread the word about the recipe exchange when it goes live through your social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter and encourage your readers to vote for your entry.
click image to enlarge
1.) You do not need a Twitter or Facebook account to participate. You simply must have a blog and follow the directions outlined above to link your post(s) to the exchange. Social media outlets are simply a way to spread the word about the GoodLife Eats and My Baking Addiction Holiday Recipe Exchange Series and encourage your followers to vote for you.
2.) Voting will end one week after each start date. For example:
- Beanilla Recipe Exchange starts on November 17th, voting will be enabled on your vanilla recipes from 11/17-11/23.
3. Prizes will be awarded to the participant that receives the most votes during each series. A voting function will be activated within the posts on MBA and GLE. Winners will be announced the following week. Prizes will be sent directly from the participating companies.
4.) If we have not addressed something in this guide, please feel free to email us at Jamie@mybakingaddiction.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.) This recipe exchange is meant to be a friendly competition. We wanted to create a series that would bring bloggers together to share their holiday creations with all of our readers. We decided to enable the voting function to allow readers to participate and to gain community participation.
6.) Buttons for your blogs or posts – just use the supplied coding below for whichever button you’d like to use, if you want a button in your posts or on your blog sidebar. Buttons are 175×175. If you need a smaller size, feel free to download the image, adjust the size and provide your own coding.