Homemade Yogurt + Yogurt Maker Giveaway
I have heard time and time again how easy it is to make homemade yogurt. We are big yogurt eaters in this house and the more I thought about it the more I wanted to give it a try.
Yogurt has many purposes in this household of adoring fans, from an ingredient in baked goods, breakfast with granola and fruit, a popular addition to smoothies (related: Raspberry Orange Smoothies), to a healthy afternoon snack, and even using yogurt as a marinade for Tandoori Chicken – there isn’t a week that goes buy where I’m not adding another large container or two to our grocery cart.
I’m pleased to report that everyone else is absolutely right – yogurt is SUPER easy to make at home. Not that I doubted it, but it was great to give it a try myself and learn how simple the process is.
And it’s really nice because you can completely control the ingredients yourself. Organic, naturally sweetened, pure, delicious yogurt. Madeline is particularly partial to a generous drizzle of honey and fresh strawberries on a bowl of yogurt for her breakfast.
But you aren’t just controlling the ingredients. You have the ability to control the consistency of your yogurt. Personally, I like it on the thicker side and now I know just how to make it that way at home every time.
This Cuisipro Donvier® Electronic Yogurt Machine will make homemade yogurt such a breeze to make. All you need to do is heat the milk, add the yogurt culture, divide the mixture between the BPA-free plastic jars. Then you add the jars to the machine, set your timer (10 1/2 hours was perfect for me), place the lid on and plug it in. The machine does all the work for you.
Features of the Cuisipro Donvier® Electronic Yogurt Machine
- Make up to 6 cups of homemade yogurt per batch.
- Electric timer has digital LCD countdown display.
- Timer beeps a warning at 10 and 5 minutes before automated shut-off at end of cycle.
- Features settings in half-hour increments, from 4 to 14 hours – choose the perfect time to create homemade yogurt with your ideal consistency
- Create up to 8 different flavors of homemade yogurt at a time; use only the freshest ingredients.
- Includes thermometer & eight 6-oz unbreakable, durable BPA-free plastic jars.
Cuisipro wants you to give homemade yogurt a try too – one lucky winner will win their own Electric Yogurt Machine!
Before you enter the giveaway PLEASE read the rules.
Giveaway Prize (1 winner):
Cuisipro Donvier® Electronic Yogurt Maker, value $50
Thank you, Cuisipro, for providing the review and giveaway Electronic Yogurt Maker.
- Why do you want to learn how to make homemade yogurt? What are you most excited about trying with the Donvier® Electronic Yogurt Maker?
- You may NOT enter using multiple email addresses. Automatic disqualification.
- Additional entries must leave a separate comment.
- Contest ends May 9, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- Contest open to US States only.
- Winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 3 days to respond before disqualified and a new winner chosen.
Additional entries can be earned by doing any of the following, giving you a total of 5 entries. Leave a separate comment for each of your entries.
1. Follow goodlifeeats on Twitter and ReTweet the following message: Win an Electronic Yogurt Maker at @goodlifeeats http://su.pr/1MgAfW #giveaway
2. Become a fan of GoodLife Eats on Facebook.
3. Become a fan of Cuisipro on Facebook.
4. Share the link for the Cuisipro: Donvier® Electronic Yogurt Maker giveaway on your Facebook wall. Winner will need to verify.
- Breakfast Burrito Quesadillas
- Pavlova with Lemon Curd and Raspberries
- Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Calzone Recipe
- Blueberry Lemon Curd Coffee Cake
- Homemade Pantry Staples – Eat Well Spend Less
P.S. You won’t want to miss out on this week – I have lots of great giveaways to share with you to celebrate Mother’s Day next Sunday!