How To Wear The Statement Pant
As Winter keeps on shoving along, it is hard to imagine a time when shorts and playful skirts were part of the daily wardrobe, but pants can be just as funky, fun, and adorable.
Written by Lexi of Glitter, Inc.
Statement pants are a great way to add a pop to your winter wardrobe when things start to feel a bit gloomy.
Lately I’ve fallen for some pretty crazy pants: leopard print trousers, brocade skinny jeans, even sequin harem pants (and those might just be my favorite!)
It might be hard to imagine how on earth you’ll wear such “out there” bottoms. First and foremost, I say, “Go for it!” If loud pants seem, well, too loud, just tone down the rest of the outfit.
Styling Tips for Statement Pants:
Are you new to statement pants? Here are a few styling tips to help you feel confident adding bold pants to your winter wardrobe.
- Pair your funkier pants with solid colors.
- Try a black blazer (for dress-up) or a heather gray sweatshirt or plain white tee or tank (to dress it down).
- Both flats and heels look great with a statement pant, and don’t be afraid to keep the shoes a bit funkier if that’s your style (just stay away from too much pattern.)
- Color is a-okay, but again, go for solids.
- Keep the shape in mind, pair a looser pair of trousers with a more fitted top and pair a skinnier leg with a softer sweater or jacket.
- Have fun with it!
What to Wear With Statement Pants:
Rag & Bone Tuxedo Blazer // Honeydew Intimates Bralette // Villa Sweatshirt // Josie Tank // Gap Embroidered Loafers // Madewell The Film Noir Pump // Dara Ettinger Alanna Stud Earrings // Rebecca Minkoff MAC Bag
Would you try wearing a bold statement pant? Or have you worn them before?