Turkey Sandwiches with Jarlsberg and Sun Dried Tomato Pesto [Giveaway]
I am officially a “Soccer Mom.” You read that right. I never thought that would be me, but right now our life seems to revolve around soccer.
We just started Logan’s first fall soccer season a few weeks ago. He is in heaven. Logan has been begging to play soccer for quite some time. Three days a week you will find us at the soccer fields, lounging on a blanket watching Logan.
With two night practices a week and a game each weekend, some right around lunch time, we have had lots of family opportunities for “tailgating” and the need for simple, wholesome snacks and meals while we’re on the go during out busy sports days.
The schedule makes our life a little bit more hectic (I’ll be honest, it was hectic already), but it has been a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Logan has scored 2 goals during games and has been so enthusiastic.
Cheering Logan and his team on has been such a blast. I am so proud of my little (excuse me – my big guy!) for working so hard with his friends.
I recently put together a new sandwich recipe featuring some Jarlsberg sliced cheese I picked up at Costco just for that purpose. I called them Turkey Sandwiches with Jarlsberg and Sun Dried Tomato Pesto. Not a very creative name, but really tasty!
After preparing the Sun Dried Tomato Spinach Pesto I made up a whole bunch of sandwiches using the new spread and stashed them in the fridge for when the time came that we needed a quick something to eat in the next couple days.
Jarlsberg USA has been so kind to offer one GoodLife Eats reader their very own Gourmet Picnic Basket filled with an assortment of cheese, snacks, and condiments for your family’s fall tailgating and picnic needs.
Just read on after the sandwich recipe to see the items included in the gift basket and to find out how you can enter to win!
Turkey Sandwiches with Jarlsberg and Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
Sun Dried Tomato Spinach Pesto
Sliced herb roasted turkey breast
Sliced Jarlsberg Cheese
Your choice of greens - spinach, arugula, lettuce
Sliced Sourdough sandwich bread
Spread the Sun Dried Tomato Spinach Pesto on one side of the sourdough bread. Top with sliced turkey, cheese, and your choice of greens. Top with another slice of sourdough bread.
Repeat until you've made your desired number of sandwiches. Add additional toppings if you desire and gauge the ingredient amounts according to your personal preferences.
Giveaway Prize for 1 Winner ($150 Value!)
A Fantastic Gourmet Tailgaiting Picnic Basket to include the following items:
- Insulated Peterboro handcrafted picnic basket
- A Mouse Cheese Knife
- Set of cloth napkins
- Wedge of Jarlsberg
- Sliced Jarlsberg – Regular
- Sliced Jarlsberg – Lite
- Wedge of Snofrisk (A firm goat’s milk cheese from Norway)
- Block of Gjetost (Norway’s famous brown “breakfast” cheese)
- Smoked Salmon
- Strawberry Preserves
Thank you Jarlsberg USA for providing this giveaway!
- Check on the recipes over at Jarlsberg. What would you do with this awesome Tailgating Picnic Basket?
- Contest ends October 16, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- Fulfillment only within continental USA (excluding Alaska).
- Winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 3 days to respond before disqualified and a new winner chosen.
Optional Extra Entries:
An additional entry can be earned by doing the following. Leave a separate comment for each of your entries.
1. [You may do this DAILY – leave a comment each time you tweet] Follow goodlifeeats and JarlsbergUSA on Twitter and ReTweet the following message: I just entered a @JarlsbergUSA Tailgaiting Picnic Basket Giveaway ($150value ) #giveaway from @goodlifeeats http://su.pr/1QSHfi
3. Share this post on Facebook. Come back here and let me know you did.
4. Follow GoodLife Eats on Pinterest and Pin this recipe. Come back here and let me know that you did.
5. Subscribe to GoodLife Eats.
All giveaway fulfillment is provided by Jarlsberg. All opinions and experiences with the product remain my own opinion.