Recipe Exchange: Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
I love vanilla! I don’t think there are many baking recipes that I make that don’t include it in some form. Vanilla extract and vanilla beans are such essential items in your Holiday Baking Spice Cabinet.
I’m so excited for to kick off this Holiday Recipe Exchange with this week’s sponsor: Beanilla. I’ve created a delicious Vanilla Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate recipe using their Vanilla Fleur de Sel and their Tahitian Vanilla Beans.
I love a good mug of hot chocolate to warm up on a chilly day or when I need something a little sweet. Instead of using vanilla extract, I infused the milk with vanilla bean for the hot chocolate recipe. I also combined vanilla fleur de sel with melted caramel to drizzle in the hot chocolate. MMMMM GOOD! Head over to My Baking Addiction to see what Jamie has created.
Vanilla Fleur de Sel Caramel Hot Chocolate
2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 cups milk, divided
1 Beanilla Vanilla Bean
6 ounce dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao), chopped
4 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup caramel, melted
3/4 teaspoon Beanilla Vanilla Fleur de Sel
In a medium saucepan, whisk the cornstarch and the milk together. Add the vanilla bean to the milk and slowly bring to a simmer, then reduce to low and let the vanilla steep for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the melted caramel (or you can use homemade or a high quality store bought caramel sauce) with the Vanilla Fleur de Sel. Discard the vanilla bean. Stir in the chocolate and sugar, whisking until the sugar has dissolved and the chocolate has melted.
Pour the hot chocolate into 4 individual mugs. Drizzle 2 1/2 tablespoons of the vanilla fleur de sel caramel in each mug. Top with an additional splash of milk and sprinkle with Vanilla Fleur de Sel, if desired. Serve hot.
How To Participate
For a chance to win a gift basket of Beanilla products valued at over $150:
- Write and post a recipe on your blog featuring VANILLA.
- Include “Come join the fun at the My Baking Addiction and GoodLife Eats Holiday Recipe Swap sponsored by Beanilla.” in your blog post.
- Add your link to the widget on either GoodLife Eats or My Baking Addiction (we have the same widget code, so only add it on one site).
- Submit your post before Nov. 20, 11:59 pm. On Nov. 21, 12:00 am the widget will switch to voting mode. Be sure to encourage your readers to vote for you and/or vote for your favorites.
- Anyone can participate in the link up, but the prize will ship to US residents only.
- More detailed info, including buttons for your posts are available here.
Link Up Your Recipes:
This Week’s Prize:
Vanilla Gift Basket (2 winners) $150+ value
- 5 – Tonga Vanilla Beans – Packaging Vacuum Sealed Package
- 5 – Madagascar Vanilla Beans – Packaging Vacuum Sealed Package
- 5 – Indian Vanilla Beans – Packaging Vacuum Sealed Package
- 5 – Mexican Vanilla Beans – Packaging Vacuum Sealed Package
- 5 – Tahitian Vanilla Beans – Packaging Vacuum Sealed Package
- 5 – Indonesian Vanilla Beans, Organic – Packaging Vacuum Sealed Package
- 5 – Beanilla Vanilla Beans – Packaging Vacuum Sealed Package
- Mexican Vanilla Extract, 2-Fold (8 fl oz.)
- Madagascar Vanilla Extract, 2-Fold (8 fl oz.)
- Beanilla Vanilla Extract, 2-Fold (8 fl oz.)
- Ground Vanilla Beans, Madagascar (1/2 oz.)
- Ground Vanilla Beans, Tahitian (1/2 oz.)
- Bourbon-Madagascar Vanilla Paste, 3-Fold (1 oz.)
- Tahitian Vanilla Paste, 3-Fold (1 oz.)
- Vanilla Fleur de Sel (Sea Salt)
- Tahitian Vanilla Sugar
Recipe Theme Schedule:
click image to enlarge