Whole Wheat Garlic Parmesan Pita Chips
Is it just me or does it feel like the holidays give the excuse to indulge in all things delicious and unhealthy? It’s all too easy to gain those extra holiday pounds, but now that it’s all over, that guilt is starting to set in. Or at least it is for me.
But the New Year gives a fresh perspective and a fresh start to your new healthy self. That is what these Whole Wheat Garlic Parmesan Pita Chips are all about.
Written by: Carla of Carla’s Confections Blog
I have a bad habit of not eating breakfast a lot of days. I tend to only drink coffee in the mornings and as a result, I end up feeling starved by 10:30 or 11:00, when it is too early to eat lunch. I also love to snack, so I will grab for the closest thing to me, whatever it may be.
If I plan on being healthy, I have to force myself to have healthy snacks in the house at all times. Rather than candy, I keep some homemade granola, and rather than potato chips, I make some healthy Whole Wheat Garlic Parmesan Pita Chips to dip into things like homemade Hummus to give a healthy alternative after all those holiday binges.
I love to keep stocked up on these hearty snacks so I can just grab for them at any given time, so I will typically set aside one day to make a bunch of these different foods. It keeps me motivated and on track to stay ahead of the healthy curve. That’s not to say I don’t indulge from time to time, but the more healthy things there are in the house, the less likely we are to grab those indulgent nibbles.
To make these pita chips, I went to the grocery store and bought pita pockets. You don’t need to make these from scratch to have them! All you need is the store bought kind, cut them into chip sized pieces and sprinkle them with olive oil, garlic powder, cayenne pepper for some heat, shredded parmesan cheese, and salt if desired.
So if you are looking for that kick start to the new you, stock up on some of these Whole Wheat Garlic Parmesan Pita Chips to go along with some homemade Hummus. You won’t regret it, and your jeans won’t be mad at you either!
What are your favorite healthy snacks to stock up on?
- 1 (6 pack) package Whole Wheat Pita Pockets
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove pita pockets from package, and using a pizza cutter, slice the pita pockets into 8 (or more if desired) pizza shaped slices. Arrange on two cookie sheets.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the pita chips, and sprinkle on salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and Parmesan cheese to cover the tops of the pita chips. Use more cheese if desired to cover each pita chip.
- Bake in the preheated oven 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is set into the chip and they are turning golden brown.
- Allow to cool and dip into favorite dips. Store in a storage bag and use within a week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 13mgSodium 1734mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 6g