Recycling isn’t just for cardboard, soda cans and plastic bottles. There are a lot of things around the house that can be recycled into something new.
Do you have a bunch of stubby, broken crayons? Feel bad throwing them out even though no one wants to use them because they’re so small? Instead of throwing them out try melting them down and reshaping them.
Making recycled crayons is a fun, easy project to do with kids. You can also use the recycled crayons for fun party favors or small gifts.
How to Make Recycled Crayons
- Small, broken crayons
- Silicone ice cube tray/candy mold/muffin mold
- Metal baking Sheet
1. Divide the crayons into piles according to color, keeping similar colors together.
2. Remove all of the paper wrapping from the crayons.
3. Fill each try with broken crayons pieces. You can choose to keep the crayons solid in color or to make rainbow crayons.
4. Place the silicone tray on top of a metal baking sheet and transfer it to a preheated 250 degree F oven.
5. Bake the crayons for about 10 – 20 minutes, or until they look melted. Baking time will depend on the size of your molds and how full they are with crayon pieces.
6. Remove the metal baking sheet from the oven and cool at room temperature until hardened. Alternatively, you can chill them in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes for faster hardening.
7. Once cooled, pop your recycled crayons out of their trays.
While SC Johnson is the sponsor of the 30 Green Days Challenge, all opinions and comments within this post are my own.
One of the things I love most about working from home is that my work attire so often resembles pajamas, except more fashionable. When I’m not leaving the house for errands, appointments, or to volunteer at the school, I pretty much live exclusively in lounge clothes. Even when I do have to leave the house, [...]
I recently had the opportunity to get a jump on some of my Holiday to-do list with Zazzle. If you aren’t familiar with Zazzle, it is a marketplace where you can buy and make anything customized (over 95 million different products to choose from). Zazzle is perfect for the holidays when we are all searching [...]
Although I love a bold leopard print, by day I’m a lawyer, which leaves little wiggle room in terms of bold fashion statements. I’ve also learned that though most women want to dress in the latest trends, they’d prefer to do it subtly and in a way that fits their style. Written by: LEXI of [...]
Searching for the perfect romantic hairstyle for your night out this Valentine’s Day? Here is a simple but lovely way to fix your hair for any special occasion. My husband really likes this style and always compliments me when I wear my hair this way. If you prefer a sleeker, more elegant style, you can [...]
As Winter keeps on shoving along, it is hard to imagine a time when shorts and playful skirts were part of the daily wardrobe, but pants can be just as funky, fun, and adorable. Written by Lexi of Glitter, Inc. Statement pants are a great way to add a pop to your winter wardrobe when [...]