APR

Buttery Dinner Rolls

Breads, Yeast Breads | 10 comments

I got this recipe from my friend Tracye at our MOMS Club Bake-Off last fall. She took first place in breads. These rolls are so delicious, buttery, and easy. They’ve become my go-to recipe for dinner rolls. We had them again recently with our Easter Dinner and I realized that I’ve never posted them here. I think I love her name for the rolls just as much as the actual rolls. They were an excellent addition to our Easter dinner! With her permission, I’m sharing the recipe with you.

That’s How I Rolls
from Tracye in NM

• 4 oz. water
  • 6 oz. milk
  • 4 Tbs butter
  • 4-5 c of all-purpose flour (I used 4 1/3)
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 tsp yeast
  • 3 Tbs Butter Buds
  • 1 egg, beaten

In a 2 cup liquid measuring cup(microwave safe): put water, milk, and butter. Microwave for 2 minutes on high.

Add ingredients to bread machine in order instructed by manufacturer directions. Set to the dough cycle to knead. Let rise until doubled in bulk or up over top of bowl (1 ½ to 2 hrs).

Shape into 18 rolls on floured sheet and cover to rise again for 40 min. to 1 hr. Bake at 350 degrees F degrees for 17 minutes. Brush hot rolls with melted butter.

Liz@Hoosier Homemade - April 18, 2009 @ 1:58 am

Those look awesome! I’ve never been able to work much with yeast, but these look pretty easy.Thanks for sharing!~Liz

Sharon - April 18, 2009 @ 9:42 pm

I love how shiny and delicious these look!

Lo - April 19, 2009 @ 1:45 am

You had me at “buttery,” I’m afraid.And then I read the NAME of the rolls. ROFL. Totally the best! I am SOLD.

Amy - April 21, 2009 @ 12:31 pm

Those look delicious- yum!!

Toaster Oven Recipes - June 05, 2009 @ 11:33 pm

If I were to have my last meal on this earth, this would be on top of the list for sure!Thanks a zillion for this relishing recipe… I would love to share with my friends.

Laurie - November 23, 2010 @ 3:02 pm

Never made bread before.. How would I make these without a bread maker?

• Katie Goodman

Katie replied: — November 23rd, 2010 @ 5:21 PM

Combine warm water with the yeast and let bloom for 5 minutes in a large bowl. Then whisk in the egg, melted butter, and warm milk.

In another bowl combine 4 cups flour, salt, butter buds, sugar – whisk. Add 1 cup of the flour mixture to the liquids, stir till well mixed/knead and slowing mix in the remaining portion of dry ingredients until a smooth, elastic dough is formed. If needed add up to 1 more cup of flour if the dough is too sticky.

Rise in a greased bowl, covered with plastic wrap until doubled in bulk. 1-2 hours. Punch down, shape into 18 rolls on floured sheet and cover to rise again for 40 min. to 1 hr. Bake at 350 degrees F degrees for 17 minutes. Brush hot rolls with melted butter.

Claudia - January 19, 2011 @ 12:30 pm

These look awesome and i want to try them, but I’m having a hard time finding Butter buds. Can I just leave it out and substitute more butter?

• Katie Goodman

Katie replied: — January 19th, 2011 @ 1:09 PM

I have never tried them without and since I didn’t create the recipe I don’t know about changing it. But, you can buy butter buds online on their website! Butter Buds Online Store.

Melanie D - April 25, 2011 @ 11:15 am

Made these for Easter dinner, and they were fabulous! Thanks for the wonderful recipe! I couldn’t find Butter Buds in my area but found something similar from Land of Lakes which worked fine.