For me, lunch is always the worst meal of the week. I’m home alone with 2 kids, one who in his wildest dreams won’t eat anything that mommy eats. Sometimes Madeline eats what I eat, but not always. I’m just not likely to make a big fuss out of lunch when I’m cooking for one (and taking care of two at the same time).
The problem with that is I usually result to snacking even though my body really needs more of a meal to sustain me through the rigors of stay-at-home mommyhood. It’s my new resolve to eat better at lunch time and to try to make the most of that hectic meal without a lot of work. It really isn’t that hard, I just need to plan better. Today I had an assortment of random leftovers that came together nicely. And quick.
- 2 pieces of Focaccia bread
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 slices red bell pepper
- Small handful of baby spinach
- drizzle of olive oil
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Slice mozzarella cheese and place on both slices of bread. Top each side with 3 thin slices red bell peppers. Slice the spinach and place on top of bell pepper slices.
- Drizzle both sides with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. place one additional piece of cheese on one slice (to help the two stick together). Close sandwich and grill in a panini grill until cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 701Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 22mgSodium 859mgCarbohydrates 91gFiber 11gSugar 35gProtein 24g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.