Raspberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
One thing I learned early on from my mom was that the day is best brought to a close with a bowl of ice cream in hand. For as long as I can remember, the freezer of my childhood home was stocked full with our family’s favorite ice cream flavors.
Often, just a simple bowl of vanilla ice cream was needed. A little something sweet to treat ourselves to at the end of the day. It was even sweeter after a hard day. Other times dessert was made a little more special with the addition of a batch of warm, fudgy brownies.
Somewhere along the way someone made an ice cream sandwich out of the simplest of ingredients – creamy, vanilla ice cream pressed between two graham crackers.
And though I can’t remember which family member it was that first discovered this simple, way to eat ice cream, I do remember clearly its existence in my childhood.
I still enjoy the pleasure of a graham cracker and vanilla ice cream sandwich now as a 30 year old woman with a family of my own. And it isn’t a tradition that I ever intend to grow out of. Nor is the the tradition of treating ones self to something sweet at the end of the day a tradition I ever plan to rid myself of.
As I’m sure you all have noticed by now, our life is full of packing tape and moving boxes right now. I won’t lie. It isn’t fun at all.
I am excited about our new adventure and new home, but I hate this process called moving. I feel a heavy weight (literally) on my shoulders. I am tense, tired, and stressed.
As we embark on this crazy busy journey I am finding that bowl of ice cream at the end of the day all the more necessary. And I am of course reminded of those simple treats at the end of the day during my childhood.
Taken up a notch to satisfy my sophisticated adult taste buds, these Raspberry Ice Cream Sandwiches are just the treat I need to settle my nerves after a long, exhausting day. Creamy, vanilla ice cream, fresh raspberries, and chocolate pair so well together sandwiched between a simple graham cracker.
How do you indulge in life’s little luxuries?
- 10 ounces Häagen-Dazs® Vanilla Ice Cream, slightly softened
- 5 ounces Fresh Raspberries
- Your favorite hot fudge sauce, optional
- 6 whole graham crackers, broken in half
- In a bowl, combine the softened vanilla ice cream and the fresh raspberries. Stir until well mixed.
- If eating immediately following preparation: Divide the mixture evenly between the graham crackers and assemble 6 sandwiches by placing ice cream on top of a graham cracker half, followed by warm hot fudge sauce (about 2-3 teaspoons, if desired) and then another graham cracker half on top. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
- If preparing ahead of time: Press the ice cream mixture into a parchment paper-lined rectangular plastic storage container (about 7 1/2 x 5 inches in size). Cover and freeze the ice cream until ready to serve.
- Remove the ice cream from the plastic storage container and cut into 6 equally sized pieces, about the size of half a graham cracker. Place 1 ice cream square on top of a graham cracker half. Top with warm hot fudge sauce (about 2-3 teaspoons, if desired) and then add another graham cracker half on top. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 217 Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 44mg Sodium 120mg Carbohydrates 29g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 17g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 3g