4 Ingredient Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches
These 4 Ingredient Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches are perfect for summer!
They’re a little bit of a reminder of day from my childhood summers. For as long as I can remember, the freezer of my childhood home was stocked full with our family’s favorite ice cream flavors.
Somewhere along the way someone made an ice cream sandwich out of the simplest of ingredients – creamy, vanilla ice cream pressed between two graham crackers.
And though I can’t remember which family member it was that first discovered this simple, way to eat ice cream, I do remember clearly its existence in my childhood, especially during our summers.
Blue Bunny asked me to create a recipe using their Dairy-Free Ice Cream. Naturally, with it being summer my mind went in the direction of the Ice Cream Sandwiches of my childhood…only I wanted to make them a little more exciting.
My adding key lime juice and lime zest to the tasty vanilla ice cream, I turned Blue Bunny’s Dairy-Free Vanilla Ice Cream into a Key Lime Ice Cream. Pressed between two graham cracker halves and you have yourself a delicious 4 Ingredient Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Summer seems to have finally arrived here in Colorado. The constant rain has taken a little bit of a hiatus, the temps are up, bike rides and pool days have been had and these 4 Ingredient Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches were the perfect treat for the kids at the end of a long sunny day. We will definitely be making them all summer long!
Giveaway (1 winner)
This ice cream is naturally dairy-free: made with almonds and natural flavors. It is a great alternative for those who have allergies or are lactose intolerant. Excellent source of calcium as well as delicious to the tastebuds!
- 1 - 16 oz. pint of Blue Bunny Dairy-Free Vanilla Ice Cream, softened
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1/3 cup bottled Key Lime juice
- Graham Crackers
- In a food processor, combine the ice cream, lime zest, and Key Lime Juice. Blend until well mixed.
- Press the ice cream mixture into a parchment paper or plastic wrap lined rectangular plastic storage container (about 7 1/2 x 5 inches in size). Cover and freeze the ice cream until firm.
- Remove the ice cream from the plastic storage container and cut into 6 equally sized pieces, about the size of half a graham cracker. Place 1 ice cream square on top of a graham cracker half. Then add another graham cracker half on top. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 239 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 19mg Carbohydrates 15g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 11g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 0g