Key Lime Pie Ice Cream from My Baking Addiction
The following recipe for Key Lime Pie Ice Cream is written by Jamie of My Baking Addiction. Welcome, Jamie!
When Katie asked if I would be willing to guest post here on GoodLife Eats, I happily accepted and started thinking about what recipe I was going to share with her lovely readers.
Several sweet treats crossed my mind, but this simple recipe for Key Lime Pie Ice Cream recipe turned out to be the winner.
One of my absolute favorite summer flavors is Lime.
I’ve actually contemplated purchasing an indoor fruit tree, but considering I completely lack a green thumb, I figure that it would survive about a week – tops.
Trust me, I can’t even keep parsley alive, which is pretty pathetic.
Gardening woes aside, this ice cream is loaded with all of the familiar flavors of your favorite Key Lime Pie recipe, even the crunchy graham cracker crust – and it’s incredibly simple to make.
No bases to heat and chill, you simply whisk the ingredients together and freeze according to your machine’s directions.
After a short time, you’ll have a dreamy, velvety ice cream bursting with key lime flavor.
What better way to cool off than with this simple Key Lime Pie Ice Cream?
No ice cream maker?
You can still whip up this delicious recipe without any fancy tools.
Here’s a great guide from David Lebovitz for how to make ice cream without an ice cream maker.
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
About the Author:
She started her blog My Baking Addiction as a way to justify having copious amounts of both in her life.
When she’s not hanging out in the kitchen in front of her stand mixer, she can be found teaching middle school, hanging with her fiance, or watching the Food Network.
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup bottled Key lime juice (such as Nellie and Joe's)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Dash of salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 graham crackers (1 1/2 cookie sheets), coarsely crushed, divided
- Key lime wedges
- In a large bowl, combine milk, lime juice, heavy cream, salt, and sweetened condensed milk; whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into your ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Stir 1/3 cup graham crackers into ice cream. Spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container, and cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon graham crackers.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
adapted from Cooking Light
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 210 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 31mg Sodium 143mg Carbohydrates 23g Fiber 1g Sugar 12g Protein 4g