These No Bake Mango Lime Cheesecake Cups are an easy summertime dessert that provide a fun new take on cheesecake! Perfect for picnics and BBQs!
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Creating This Mango Lime Cheesecake Recipe
When my friend Becca and I made the Strawberry Mango Salsa a few years ago, we did so with the intention of also using it as a topping for a new dessert — No-Bake Mango Lime Cheesecake.
One of my favorite, easy summertime dessert recipes that I have shared here on GoodLife Eats is this Easy No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake. Because as good as cheesecake is, who wants to bake one during the summer?.
I knew that I wanted to revisit this recipe and come up with some new flavor combinations using the base of the original recipe.
These Individual No Bake Mango Lime Cheesecakes are an easy summertime dessert that provide a fun new take on my old recipe. With the Strawberry Mango Salsa, this recipe is the perfect blend of sweet and savory.
There is just a little hint of savory and spicy with salsa that pairs really well with the sweet, creaminess of the no-bake mango cheesecake.
No-Bake Mango Lime Cheesecake Ingredients
To make the no-bake mango cheesecake, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Granulated sugar
- Lime zest
- Lemon snaps (I used store-bought)
- Cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh mango
- Strawberry Mango Salsa
For the complete ingredient list and detailed instructions, scroll to the bottom of this post for the FREE printable recipe card.
How to Make Mango Lime Cheesecake Cups
These no-bake cheesecake cups require some assembly, but the entire process is straightforward. Here are the basic steps to making no-bake mango lime cheesecake cups:
- Make the lime sugar: In a food processor, combine the granulated sugar and lime zest. Pulse until zest is blended into the sugar and the sugar is fragrant. Set aside.
- Make the crust: In a food processor, pulse the cookies and 1 tablespoon lime sugar together until the cookies become fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and stir well to combine.
- Make the mango cheesecake filling: Process the cream cheese, 1/3 cup lime sugar, cream, and vanilla in a food processor until smooth. Add the mango and process until only small bits of mango remain.
- Assemble the no-bake cheesecake cups: Divide the crust between four 1/2 cup containers, then top with the cheesecake filling.
- Chill the cheesecake cups for 1 hour. Spoon strawberry mango salsa over top before serving.
Can I use a hand mixer instead of a food processor?
Yes, you can use a hand mixer instead of a food processor in this recipe. Follow the instructions as written, but use a mixing bowl and a hand mixer instead of the food processor bowl. You will need to make sure the cream cheese is softened so that you don’t end up with lumps.
Can I Make These Mango Lime Cheesecake Cups Gluten-Free?
Yes, this recipe for no bake cheesecake would turn out fine if you were to adapt it to be gluten-free. Simply look for gluten-free lemon snaps or gluten-free graham crackers to use in place of the regular. You’ll also want to omit any garnishes that might contain gluten, or find a gluten-free alternative.
How Would I Make a Vegan or Dairy-Free Mango Lime Cheesecake?
I have not tested the recipe with these substitutions, so I cannot speak to how it would turn out. Let me know in the comments if you try it. However, here are my suggestions for making a Vegan or Dairy-Free version of these Mango Lime Cheesecake Cups:
- You would need to use a vegan or dairy-free cream cheese
- Find an adequate vegan/dairy-free substitute for whipping cream
- Use coconut oil rather than butter
- Make sure your Lemon Cookies are dairy-free/vegan.
Can This Recipe Be Made in Advance?
Yes! The mango lime cheesecake cups can be made up to three days in advance. Wait to spoon the strawberry mango salsa on top until you’re ready to serve.
I also recommend covering each individual cheesecake cup with plastic wrap when storing in the refrigerator if making ahead. This will help keep it fresh.
Tools Needed for This Recipe
You can easily make this recipe using the kitchen tools you have on hand, but here are the ones I used to streamline the preparation process.
- Food processor: I like using my mini food processor for recipes like this one.
- Microplane zester: Makes zesting the lime much easier.
- Glass jars: I love using these Weck jars when making no-bake cheesecake cups.
Mango Lime Cheesecake Cups Tips
- Don’t have mangoes? You can try substituting peaches instead!
- Don’t have a food processor? add the cookies to a zip top bag, seal the bag, and pound the cookies until crushed. using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Be careful to do this on a sturdy surface and not one that you might accidentally dent, break, or scratch.
- Need a full sized dessert? You could also use a large trifle dish and make one big layered no bake cheesecake. This would be a gorgeous statement presentation! You may need to double or triple the recipe for a large dish, however.
- Want a fun garnish? Garnish the mango lime cheesecake with an extra cookie on top for dipping or with one of the cinnamon sugar chips from the Strawberry Mango Salsa Recipe.
Is There an Easy Way to Fill Dessert Cups?
Here is a handy trick for filling dessert cups quickly, easily, and with little mess when making these no bake cheesecakes:
To easily fill the jars for these Mango Lime Cheesecake Cups, you can place the no bake filling in a pastry bag and pipe the filling into cups. If you don’t have pastry bags, you can substitute a large zip top bag and cut the corner off to allow about an inch and a half opening.
More No-Bake Summer Desserts:
Looking for some more fun, no-bake summer desserts? Try a few of these:
These mini No-Bake Raspberry Cheesecake Pots are very similar to these No Bake Mango Lime Cheesecakes, but with Raspberry!
These 4-Ingredient Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches are perfect for summer!
I topped this creamy Cheesecake Mousse with lemon curd and fresh strawberries to create the ultimate refreshing no-bake dessert.
Try these Creamy Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles for a fun take on some favorite summer flavors.
In these Raspberry Ice Cream Sandwiches, vanilla ice cream, fresh raspberries, and chocolate pair so well together sandwiched between a simple graham cracker.
These Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Popsicles have a fudgsicle-like consistency. Perfect on a hot summer’s day!
Don’t see what you’re looking for here? You can always head over to check out the recipe index to look for more recipes.
Did you love this post?
Sign up for Good Life Eats email updates and never miss another update!
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 1/2 ounces store bought Lemon Snaps
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lime sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup lime sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz. fresh mango, chopped
- In a food processor, combine the granulated sugar and lime zest.
- Pulse until zest is blended into the sugar and the sugar is fragrant. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the cookies and 1 tablespoon lime sugar together until the cookies become fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and stir well to combine.
- Process the cream cheese, 1/3 cup lime sugar, cream, and vanilla in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the mango and process until only small bits of mango remain.
- Divide half of the cookie mixture between four 1/2 cup capacity dishes, pressing down until packed in the bottom of the dish.
- Divide the cheesecake mixture evenly between the dishes.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until the filling has firmed up.
- Before serving, garnish each dish with 2 tablespoons Strawberry Mango Salsa.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 363Trans Fat 0gFiber 3gProtein 5g