FEB

Pizza Panini

Kid Friendly Recipes, Sandwiches | 20 comments

My panini press is a very well used kitchen tool. It’s fast and convenient because it heats the sandwich from both sides and the pressing really helps you jam pack the sandwich with delicious ingredients. Some nights when time is rushed, almost anything pressed between two slices of bread can become a fabulous gourmet sandwich – even pizza toppings.

Head over to PaulaDeen.com to see the rest of the story and the recipe for my latest contribution on Cooking for a Young Family: Supreme Pizza Panini.

Anonymous - February 02, 2010 @ 3:12 pm

Thank God I'm headed to the store right now b/c I'm making THAT for dinner! Yum! ~Rachel

Jessica - February 02, 2010 @ 4:19 pm

That looks fabulous!! You had me sold on the green peppers. One of the only things I like some veggies on is pizza!

Maria - February 02, 2010 @ 4:28 pm

We LOVE our panini maker. We use it all of the time. These look fabulous!

Jenny - February 02, 2010 @ 7:39 pm

Adorable idea! Love pizza in a sammy :)

dining room tables - February 03, 2010 @ 1:56 am

I haven't made panini for a long time! I miss it. This recipe is new to me. Pizza panini looks yummy!

James - February 03, 2010 @ 3:30 am

Looks fantastic and easy. Since I don't have a panini maker, I imagine that using a george forman works fine… or just smashing it between two pans and flipping it.

Sharon - February 03, 2010 @ 6:09 am

I definitely need to get myself one of those! I love this recipe…great idea.

Kay - February 03, 2010 @ 7:20 am

It's exactly 8:19am here and I'm craving a pizza panini!:)

Lo - February 03, 2010 @ 4:07 pm

And why not? Anything you can throw on a pizza would make a great sandwich. Love the way you think!!

Anonymous - February 03, 2010 @ 4:27 pm

I have to comment again to tell you how good this was for dinner! I don't like sausage, so we made it simple vegetarian and just layered red onion, green and orange pepper, mushrooms, a sprinkle of oregano and parmesan, and mozzarella on sesame semolina bread. It tasted just like pizza! My husband LOVED it. It's definitely going in my recipe box, thank you for posting it! :) ~Rachel

Jan (Family Bites) - February 03, 2010 @ 5:41 pm

We love panini's in my house. They are one of my got-to dinners when we're in a rush (which happens a lot these days now that I have a nine year old who plays hockey four nights a week). I love that you've made this a pizza version

my spatula - February 03, 2010 @ 6:43 pm

i love our panini press and your pizza variation is simply brilliant!

Laura - February 03, 2010 @ 10:40 pm

I am definitely gonna give this panini a try! YUM!

Jamie - February 03, 2010 @ 11:41 pm

Gorgeous, this looks and sounds absolutely delicious! Now I am going to want a panini press!

marla {Family Fresh Cooking} - February 04, 2010 @ 2:44 am

Pizza Panini….crispy, crunchy, filled with flavor. All the essentials are in this panini. Heard u are going to Blogher Food….can't wait to meet you!

megan - February 04, 2010 @ 3:45 pm

it looks so simple, yet somehow I never thought to do this! I have a panini press that i've never even used. I am definitely making this. always looking for creative ways to get veggies in!

Bellini Valli - February 04, 2010 @ 4:39 pm

Two of my favourite fast foods all in one.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction - February 08, 2010 @ 1:41 am

Yum… I'm trying to catch up on everything in my RSS reader, and this totally caught my eye! What a great idea! I love to make paninis for a quick lunch or dinner. I think my hubby would love these, too.

Kevin - February 13, 2010 @ 2:00 am

That panini looks so good! I like the pizza dipping sauce.

Dee Dee - May 17, 2012 @ 8:13 pm

Looks so yummy! And fun! Sharing it on my Fun Friday post tomorrow. Thanks!!