This was such a fun and easy breakfast to make for my family. I will go back to this one again and again because of the ease and which it comes together. These Pop Up Muffins, as we called them, also known as German Pancakes are so great for a busy morning when you don’t have time for something more labor intensive, or maybe don’t have a lot of groceries on hand. I know that 95% off the time I will always have the ingredients to make this one. And honestly, I get tired of cereal every morning. Thanks, Marie, for sharing this one. I love the idea of German Pancakes in muffin tins. They are super cute that way!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- dash salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp orange zest
- assorted condiments for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Blend milk through orange zest in a blender.
- Grease muffin tins and distribute batter evenly between 24 muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until puffy and golden on top.
- I served these topped with maple syrup and sliced strawberries with a little sprinkle of powdered sugar.
adapted from Make and Takes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 61Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 52mgSodium 50mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 3g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.