Logan has gotten so used to mommy taking pictures of everything that now whenever it is time for him to eat he tells me that he has to go get his camera (my old camera). How cute is that?
Today he was helping take pictures of these muffins we made together. Sadly, none of his pictures made the cut. He’s got a bit of a shaky hand problem and most of his pictures turn out as total blurs. Or he misses the object all together and catches something like my foot. It’s all fun though. I like the interest he’s showing in helping out in the kitchen, especially since he’s such a picky eater. Today he was a big help chopping the chocolate and the cherries. And eating the chocolate.
- 1/2 c butter, room temp
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 c buttermilk + 1 Tbs
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 c chopped cherries (fresh or dried)
- 3 oz chocolate, finely chopped
- sliced almonds, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Fill 1 dozen muffin tins with liners, or grease well.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Add buttermilk and almond extract.
- Seperately, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add flour mixture, cherries, and chocolate to liquids, gently stirring until just combined.
- Fill 1 dozen muffin cups. Sprinkle tops of muffins with sliced almonds. Bake 15-22 minutes. 18 minutes was the magic number for me.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 279Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 53mgSodium 227mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 2gSugar 14gProtein 6g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.
Did you love this post?
Sign up for Good Life Eats email updates and never miss another update!