Over in the Eats section we were discussing time saving kitchen tips. Well, my friend Jessica from Life as Mom is kind of an expert on that. She is pretty darn awesome at make-ahead meals and freezer cooking. So awesome that she just wrote a cookbook called Not Your Mother’s Make-Ahead and Freeze Cookbook.
Jessica stores whole meals in the freezer for her family making the weeknight get the dinner on the table task totally fast even on the crazy days. She does this thing called Once a Month Cooking. Something that in my wildest dreams I have never even dared attempt.
I don’t pretend to know anything about freezer cooking, other than things like freezing shredded chicken, cookie dough, and waffles or pancakes, so I was pretty anxious to take a look at what Jessica had to say about this whole making meals ahead of time thing.
I’m running a little low in the time department these days. On soccer practice nights or days I’m battling people about homework I could use all the help I can get. And I think it is time to turn to my freezer for that help!
Right now I’m kind of salivating over recipes like Salsa Verde Beef, Tarragon Turkey Burgers with Blue Cheese and Chipotle Mayo, Gingery Pork and Mushroom Lettuce Wraps, Buttered French Toast Casserole with Almonds and Ginger, Caramel-Lime Bars and more!
These are definitely not old-fashioned freezer recipes!
Here’s what you’ll find in Jessica’s book:
- More than 200 recipes to make ahead and freeze
- Basic instruction in freezer cooking
- How to adapt your own recipes for freezing
- Gluten-free and vegetarian options
- Tips for bulk cooking with kids, with friends, and on your own
- Fresh inspiration and 21st century flavors and ingredients
- For a detailed list of contents go here.
What do you think? Is that something you might want to learn how to do too? You’re in luck because Jessica’s publisher is giving away a copy to 2 lucky winners.
Giveaway Prize (2 winners):
Each winner will receive one copy of Not Your Mother’s Make-Ahead and Freeze Cookbook, by Jessica Fisher.
- Have you ever tried freezer and make-ahead cooking before? What are you most excited to learn from Jessica’s book?
- Contest ends November 2, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- Contest open to USA residents only.
- Winners will be chosen via random.org and will have 3 days to respond before disqualified and a new winner chosen.
Optional Extra Entries:
Additional entries can be earned by doing any of the following, giving you a total of 4 extra entries. Leave a separate comment for each of your entries.
1. Follow GoodLifeEats and Jessica Fisher on Twitter and ReTweet the following message: I just entered to win a copy of @fishmama’s new book, Not Your Mother’s Make-Ahead and Freeze Cookbook, from @goodlifeeats http://su.pr/2sXXBL #giveaway #books
2. Share this post on Facebook. Come back here and let me know that you did.
4. Share this post on Pinterest. Come back here and let me know that you did.
Disclosure: I was provided with a review copy of the book as well as the giveaway prize.