I had bought a bunch of granny smith apples at Costco because Logan now likes apples. There were so many that I decided to do a little experiment with them. I also bought several bags of the caramel bits at Wal-Mart because I liked them so much in the cookies we made and I didn’t know if they would end up being a seasonal item.
We had this for dessert the night of the split pea soup. It turned out so yummy! Logan really liked the crust. Shhhhh don’t tell anyone…Madeline and I had leftovers for breakfast after Logan went to school!
- 7 granny smith apples
- 1 bag Kraft Caramel Bits
- 2 c flour
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cube butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Combine flour through salt. Stir to combine.
- Cut in butter using two butter knives of a pastry blender. Mixture should be crumbly. Stir in beaten eggs.
- Peel, core, and slice apples. Place half of apples in prepared pan.
- Top with half of caramel bits. Add remaining apples and then remaining caramels. Top with crust mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes, or until apples are tender and crust is crisp and browned. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 467Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 67mgSodium 619mgCarbohydrates 101gFiber 5gSugar 64gProtein 7g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.