Iced Coconut Cashew Chai
Cool off this summer with a refreshing glass of this Iced Coconut Cashew Chai, featuring Silk Toasted Coconut + Cashew Nutchello.
It has been so HOT here in Colorado the last week or so. I’m glad that summer is finally here, because we were having a lot of rain for a while. I was craving sunshine and pool days and afternoons and evenings on the deck with something cold and refreshing to drink.
It has been a busy week for me trying to get the house in shape and organized for the summer with the kids home, doing some maintenance yard work as well as updating a few smaller things, like planting new flowers and mulching the beds in the backyard.
I feel a lot more energized and calm during the often crazy routine of summer when I know that my home and yard are taken care of, so it has been good to spend a few days doing that while the kids have been own of town with their dad.
Kevin has also been out of town for work the last few days, so it has been me alone, which is both lonely at times but also good because I’m productive since there aren’t people home that I’d rather be spending time with than cleaning.
But, with all the good work comes a tired body. This evening I totally sat on the deck, after finishing 3 days of hard work, and enjoyed a cold glass of this refreshing Iced Coconut Cashew Chai while I watched a gorgeous sunset.
Sitting outside and enjoying the view from the backyard is my happy place. It is beautiful and different every night and really relaxing. One of the things I love about Colorado is that even when it is blazing hot during the day, the evenings are almost always cool – spending time outside and savoring something good to eat or drink is like hitting the reset button for me.
Iced Coconut Cashew Chai is totally easy to make – perfect for days packed with lots on the to-do list.
Earlier in the day, I brewed the tea. With part of it I froze some ice cubes – this is a great way to make an iced beverage without diluting the final product the way you would by using traditional water-based ice cubes. I also did the same with some Silk Toasted Coconut + Cashew Nutchello.
If you haven’t tried Silk’s new Nutchello flavors, head over to their website and print a $0.75 off Nutchello coupon. There are 3 different flavors to choose from, but the Silk Toasted Coconut + Cashew Nutchello is my favorite.
Once the ice cubes were frozen, I prepared my glass of Chai according to the package instructions on my Chai tea bags, added a little coconut extract, and then stirred in a couple cubes of the frozen chai and the frozen Silk Toasted Coconut + Cashew Nutchello. So good!
How do you like to unwind and find your happy place after a long day?
- 3 Chai flavored Tea Bags
- 2 1/4 cups Hot Water
- 3/4 cup Silk Toasted Coconut + Cashew Nutchello, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon Coconut Extract
- Optional Sweetener (if desired): Honey, Coconut Sugar, or Agave, to taste
- In a large 4 cup glass measuring cup, combine the hot water and the tea bags. Allow to steep for 10 minutes. Then cool to room temperature.
- Using 1/4 cup of the brewed tea, pour it into ice cube trays and freeze. Additionally, freeze 1/4 cup of the Silk Toasted Coconut + Cashew Nutchello into ice cubes.
- Add the coconut extract to the remaining brewed tea, stir to combine, then transfer to the refrigerator and chill until the ice cubes are frozen.
- To assemble the glasses: divide the chilled, brewed tea between two glasses, then top each with 1/4 cup Silk Toasted Coconut + Cashew Nutchello. Sweeten, to taste, if desired. Then add a few of each flavor ice cubes to the glass. Drink immediately.
Freezing the chai and the Silk Toasted Coconut + Cashew Nutchello into ice cubes to add to the chai chills the drink nicely without diluting the flavors with melted water ice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 209Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 109mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 4gSugar 25gProtein 1g
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.