Rosemary Parmesan Cheese Straws are a great, easy snack to add to your holiday appetizer table.
With the winter holidays quickly approaching, special occasion recipes have been on my mind lately.
Appetizers for holiday parties or snacks before big meals, new desserts and treats, and our favorite seasonal foods will soon be making their way to our kitchen table.
I am all about keeping things simple this year.
I want to enjoy this special time of year and all it has to offer rather than running around like a chicken with its head cut off and a to-do list a mile long.
There is already enough to do with family obligations, parties, gift shopping, and decorating.
I don’t want to make the food preparations become a chore or something to stress out about.
Food doesn’t have to be fancy or fussy to be good.
Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, Shells and Cups are great to keep on hand in your freezer this time of year, especially for quick appetizers and desserts.
Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets makes these Rosemary Parmesan Cheese Straws an easy recipe.
Cheese Straws take hardly any time to prepare, but they’re the perfect addition for any special occasion gathering that comes your way this November and December.
The great thing too is that you can always change the flavors of these Rosemary Parmesan Cheese Straws to suit your own personal tastes, or the contents of your refrigerator.
I love the flavors of rosemary, parmesan, and sun-dried tomatoes, so I chose to focus on those ingredients for this recipe.
There are many ways to make this recipe your own, or simply just to experiment with fun, new flavors.
Mix Up the Flavors
Follow the technique in the below recipe, but try these ingredient substitutions for fun, new flavors with this Rosemary Parmesan Cheese Straws recipe.
- Gruyere + Thyme
- Cheddar + Crumbled Bacon + Chives
- Parmesan + Romano + Asiago
- Parmesan + Sesame Seeds + Poppy Seeds + Caraway Seeds + Onion Powder
- Your Choice Cheese + Thyme and Rosemary
What is your favorite thing to make with Puff Pastry?
- 1 sheet Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed overnight in the refrigerator
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces fresh grated parmesan
- 4 teaspoons minced rosemary
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Prepare 2 baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- Dust a large cutting board or pastry mat with flour. Place the puff pastry on top and lightly dust the top of the pastry with flour. Roll the puff pastry out into a 10- to 12-inch rectangle.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, mustard, garlic powder, and pepper in a small bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush the puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle an even layer of parmesan, minced rosemary, and sun-dried tomatoes over the puff pastry. Cover the puff pastry with a sheet of parchment paper and lightly roll with a rolling pin to press the toppings into the pastry.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the puff pastry crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Twist each strip into a spiral and transfer to the parchment-lined pans. Be sure to leave about 1 inch of space between each strip.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the straws are puffed and golden brown. Turn the straws over, and bake for another 3-5 minutes to brown the other side. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 44Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 20mgSodium 99mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 2g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.
I’m always looking for ways to spark new creative ideas with my recipes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and don’t forget to check out more recipes at www.puffpastry.com.
Visit Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry on Facebook for more special occasion recipe ideas.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry.
The opinions, text, photos and recipe for Rosemary Parmesan Cheese Straws are all mine.