JUL

No-Bake Grilled Vegetable Lasagna

Garden Recipes, Healthy Eating, Italian, Main Dish, Pasta, Quick Meals, Vegetarian | 13 comments

I love lasagna. But really, turning the oven on for that long in the summer just isn’t an option. Then I saw this recipe featured in Jaden’s TLC column and I couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought of the idea for a No-Bake Lasagna. DUH!

grilledsummersquash

The grilled vegetables just alone tossed with some feta would be a great, simple salad!

I made a few adaptations. First, I grilled the vegetables and instead of just zucchini I decided to add some yellow squash too for color. I tossed the grilled summer squash with balsamic vinegar for a little extra flavor. And instead of tomatoes, I drizzled a little bit of some spaghetti sauce throughout the layers. I thought that would give it a little extra moisture and more lasagna feel to it. And I added some sun-dried tomato basil feta cheese!

grilledvegzucchini

This recipe for No-Bake Grilled Vegetable Lasagna is one seriously good meal. I love ricotta cheese and it went great with the balsamic grilled vegetables. Do you have a summer versions of your favorite fall and winter meals?

summerzucchini

No-Bake Grilled Vegetable Lasagna
adapted from Steamy Kitchen on TLC
serves 4

• 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato basil feta cheese, plus extra for garnish
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 8 lasagna noodles, broken into thirds, cooked according to package instructions and drained
  • 1/2 cup tomato basil spaghetti sauce
  • 1 medium zucchini, sliced
  • 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
  • 1 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup torn basil leaves

Stir together the ricotta, feta and olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.

Heat grill to medium-high heat. Toss the zucchini and squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When grill has heated, place the slices directly on the grill grates. Turn after 2-3 minutes, once grill marks have started to show. Then grill on the other side another 2-3 minutes. Remove and toss with balsamic vinegar. Salt and pepper, to taste.

Layer one noodle, a spoonful of ricotta mixture, zucchini and yellow squash and a drizzle of sauce. Repeat layering twice. Drizzle a little more olive oil on top. Garnish with basil and feta. Serve.

Jessica @ How Sweet - July 28, 2010 @ 11:05 am

I don't love vegetables but that looks pretty enough for me to eat!

Katie @ Healthy Heddleston - July 28, 2010 @ 11:11 am

Great idea, I love ricotta too. And in the summer turning on the oven is undesirable!

Nicole - July 28, 2010 @ 11:33 am

I cannot stand turning on the oven in this summer heat. This is a perfect dinner!

RhodeyGirl - July 28, 2010 @ 12:41 pm

That looks so PRETTY! Love all the colorful flavors.

RhodeyGirl - July 28, 2010 @ 12:41 pm

ha! what i meant to say was love all the colorful ingredients.. WHOOPS!

The Wife of a Dairyman - July 28, 2010 @ 4:20 pm

This looks delicious! Especially right now with the abundance of zucchini in the garden :)

andrea @ Food Not Fuss - July 28, 2010 @ 6:53 pm

Wow, what a great idea! Love how gorgeous it looks, and how healthy it is!

Jennifer - July 29, 2010 @ 1:14 am

This is fabulous and I have to admit, I love the more rustic easy feel to this lasagna!

Kristin Janzen - July 29, 2010 @ 6:17 am

Oh this is definitely going on my "must try" list! Looks absolutely wonderful and a perfect meal for a hot summer night. http://delishliving.wordpress.com/

healthy mamma - July 29, 2010 @ 4:50 pm

Oh yum! I will be making this one tonight for sure!! thx!

MarciaatGreenVegetables - August 02, 2010 @ 9:27 am

It looks yummy, and a great summer dish, but I wouldn't call it lasagna. More like grilled vegetables with noodles and cheese. The word "lasagna" has to do with the way the different parts of the dish are layered on top of one another.

Marisa - August 03, 2010 @ 8:14 am

This looks so elegant! A really classy summertime meal.

Stacy of KSW - August 26, 2010 @ 1:00 pm

Yum! This reminds me of the Ravioli Vegetable Stacks BHG featured last year, http://www.bhg.com/recipe/pasta/ravioli-vegetable-stacks/ , I made them for my birthday using alternating Butoni cheese & mushroom ravioli, zucchini & eggplant and one of my favorite tomato sauces instead of the tomatoes. It's one of my favorite meals! I have a feeling your version will be pretty fantastic too. Thanks