Bite Sized Mini Cranberry Walnut Tarts [Holiday Recipe Exchange]
Baking is one of the things that I think everyone likes best about this time of year, so of course Jamie and I had to have a Holiday Baking themed Recipe Exchange. There are so many treats to bake and so little time. I can’t wait to see all the delicious baked goodies that you all link up and share in this post.
I promised when I shared my recipe for Cranberry Orange Walnut Relish that I’d share some ideas for using leftover cranberry sauce after Thanksgiving.
These Bite Sized Mini Cranberry Walnut Tarts are the perfect little sweet treats to pop in your mouth and will help you use any leftover cranberry sauce that you may have. Or, you just might like them enough that you’ll have to make another batch of cranberry sauce to prepare them.
Mini Muffins pans, such as this Chicago Metallic 24 Cup Mini Muffin Pan, are the perfect way to make mass quantities of mini tarts at once. Treats like this are so simple to prepare and that can be a nice thing this time of year when we’re all so busy with family and other Holiday activities.
I hope you’ll join Jamie and me this week and share your favorite Holiday Baking Recipe for our Chicago Metallic Holiday Recipe Exchange. Chicago Metallic offers high-quality bakeware that is perfect for using this Holiday season. Head over to My Baking Addiction and check out the gorgeous Pumpkin Roll that Jamie is sharing.
Bite Sized Mini Cranberry Walnut Tarts
Yield: 48 bite sized tarts
For the Filling:
Prepare the cranberry orange walnut relish according to recipe instructions. Get the recipe at the following link: Cranberry Orange Walnut Relish.
For the Crust:
Prepare the pie crust according to recipe instructions. Get the recipe at the following link: Perfect All Butter Pie Crust.
Roll the crust into an 1/8 inch thick round. Using a round cookie cutter or the rim of a glass, cut four dozen 3 - 3 1/2 inch circles.
Grease a mini muffin pan, such as a Chicago Metallic 24 Cup Mini Muffin Pan, with butter or nonstick cooking spray. You will need 48 total muffin cups (unless you half the recipe). Place each round in a muffin cup, pressing lightly to form to the shape of the cup. If desired, use a Mini Tart Shaper to help shape the dough.
Place a heaping tablespoon of the cranberry orange walnut relish in each dough-lined cup. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until the dough is lightly golden and the filling is hot. If desired, brush the edges of the crust with melted butter.
Both the cranberry sauce and the pie crust can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator prior to preparation and baking.
How To Participate
For a chance to win Bakeware Essentials Set from Chicago Metallic valued at approximately $200!
- Write and post a recipe on your blog featuring HOLIDAY BAKING.
- Include “Come join the fun at the My Baking Addiction and GoodLife Eats Holiday Recipe Swap sponsored by Chicago Metallic in your blog post.
- No blog? Just leave your recipe in the comments section.
- Add your link to the widget on either GoodLife Eats or My Baking Addiction (we have the same widget code, so only add it on one site).
- Submit your post before Nov. 23, 11:59 PM.
- Anyone can participate in the link up, but the prizes will ship to US addresses only.
- More detailed info are available here.
Link Up Your Recipes:
Love any of the recipes featured in today’s Holiday Recipe Exchange? If so, be sure to to use the Ziplist Web Recipe Clipper to add your holiday favorites to your online recipe box.
This Week’s Prize:
Bakeware Essentials Set from Chicago Metallic Includes:
- 1 – Chicago Metallic Non-Stick 3-Piece Value Pack with 2 Cookie/Jelly Roll Pans and Cooling Grid
- 2 – Chicago Metallic Non Stick 9-Inch Round Cake Pan
- 1 – Chicago Metallic Commercial II Non-Stick 24 Cup Mini Muffin Pan
- 1 – Chicago Metallic Commercial II Non-Stick 12-Cup Muffin Pan
- 1 – Chicago Metallic Commercial II Non-Stick Mini Loaf Pans, Set of 4
- 1 – Chicago Metallic 6 Piece Creme Brulee Set
- 1 – Chicago Metallic Medium Cookie Scoop Stainless Steel
Prizes provided by Chicago Metallic