We will be enjoying these yummy treats for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning. Eric can hardly wait; he had to “sample” two of them to make sure the turned out just right. I’ve never before made the glaze because he usually can’t wait to dig into them. I think for Christmas I will make the glaze with orange extract and milk instead of orange juice concentrate. That way I can dye the glaze green and they will look like little Christmas trees.
2/26/09 added this to Life as Mom’s Ultimate Recipe Swap.
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Zest of one orange
- 1 cup room temperature butter, sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 T frozen orange juice concentrate
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and orange zest. Cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse sand.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice, and milk together. Stir into the flour mixture until the dough is moist, do not over mix. Add the cranberries.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead a couple of times. Divide dough into two equal balls. Pat each ball into an 8-inch circle.
- Place each ball onto a parchment paper-lined or greased cookie sheet. Score each circle with a knife into 6 wedges.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, or until done and lightly golden. Allow the scones to cool.
- Meanwhile, stir powdered sugar and orange juice concentrate together. Drizzle over cooled scones.
From Pat in Kansas
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 392Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 72mgSodium 478mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 2gSugar 21gProtein 6g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.