- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 20 already-cooked meatballs, fresh or frozen
- 1 large onions, about 1 1/2 cups chopped
- 3 – 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes (I used 1 regular and 2 fire roasted)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 large fresh jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and minced
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp dried ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 pkgs Near East Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil Couscous
- Saute onion in olive oil for 10 minutes or until golden and tender. Add garlic and saute 2 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, and seasonings. Let simmer with the lid on 15-20 minutes.
- Add cilantro and jalapeno pepper. Let simmer on low with lid on while you prepare the couscous according to package instructions.
- Serve meatballs and sauce on top of couscous. Garnish with additional cilantro.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 581Total Fat 39gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 94mgSodium 1093mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 8gSugar 14gProtein 24g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.