Moroccan Meatballs over Couscous
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 20 already-cooked meatballs, fresh or frozen
- 1 large onions, about 1 1/2 cups chopped
- 3 – 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes (I used 1 regular and 2 fire roasted)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 large fresh jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and minced
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp dried ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 pkgs Near East Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil Couscous
- Saute onion in olive oil for 10 minutes or until golden and tender. Add garlic and saute 2 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, and seasonings. Let simmer with the lid on 15-20 minutes.
- Add cilantro and jalapeno pepper. Let simmer on low with lid on while you prepare the couscous according to package instructions.
- Serve meatballs and sauce on top of couscous. Garnish with additional cilantro.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 581 Total Fat 39g Saturated Fat 12g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 24g Cholesterol 94mg Sodium 1093mg Carbohydrates 37g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 8g Sugar 14g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 24g