Warm Mediterranean Pasta Salad
What do you make for lunch when you’ve got 2 zucchini and a package of sundried tomato basil feta cheese that need to be used up? How about a Warm Mediterranean Pasta Salad?
I made this, ate it, cleaned up the mess, showered, and blogged about it all an hour before I had to leave for my hair appointment. Probably not the best idea I’ve had, but I got it done and with fifteen minutes to spare. And the kids are with Eric right now. It isn’t often that I actually get to make myself a lunch and sit down to eat it without the kiddos around. Eric can enjoy the leftovers when he gets home.
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, cooked according to pkg instructions
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 zucchini
- 1 – 14.5 oz can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 2-3 small cans sliced olives, drained
- 1 pkg sundried tomato basil feta cheese
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- a few splashes of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion until tender. Shred zucchini with a cheese grater. Add garlic and zucchini to onion and saute 2-3 minutes more.
- Combine all ingredients except cheese and stir.
- Crumble the feta cheese and add to top of plated salad.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 164 Total Fat 2g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 4mg Sodium 194mg Carbohydrates 30g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 4g Sugar 4g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 7g