I was craving something sweet earlier and have been on a major citrus kick lately – we experimented with some lemon white chocolate cookies over the weekend that still need to be tested one final time and then posted. There has been an unopened container of ricotta cheese sitting in the fridge for at least a month, possibly longer. I figured it was time to use it up for something before it expired. This cake was so moist with a delicate citrus tang. 60 minutes did it for me with the baking time. I think it was slightly too much batter for my particular bundt pan (see second photo) because there was no hole through the middle, rather a dip and then it sealed itself off.
- 3 c flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 3/4 c butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 c ricotta cheese
- juice of 3 oranges
- zest of 3 oranges
- 1 1/2 c fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 c powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of a bundt cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange zest; set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, beat on medium for 2 minutes, scraping bowl periodically. Stir in orange juice.
- Beat 1/4 of the flour mixture and ricotta cheese at a time alternately into sugar mixture on low speed till blended. Spread 1/3 of batter into the pan, then sprinkle with 1/2 of cranberries; repeat until all the batter and cranberries are used.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes in pan on wire rack.
- Remove from pan to wire rack, cool. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and orange juice. Stir until it becomes a smooth glaze. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 341Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 65mgSodium 388mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 2gSugar 31gProtein 7g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.