Making this Cranberry Orange Cake
I was craving something sweet earlier and have been on a major citrus kick lately – we experimented with some lemon white chocolate cookies over the weekend that still need to be tested one final time and then posted.
There has been an unopened container of ricotta cheese sitting in the fridge for at least a month, possibly longer. I figured it was time to use it up for something before it expired.
This Orange Cranberry Cake was so moist with a delicate citrus tang.
60 minutes did it for me with the baking time. I think it was slightly too much batter for my particular bundt pan (see second photo) because there was no hole through the middle, rather a dip and then it sealed itself off.
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Tools Needed to Make this Cranberry Orange Cake
- Measuring Cups and Spoons – to measure the dry and wet ingredients.
- Large Bowl – to sift the dry ingredients together.
- Stand Mixer with Paddle Attachment – to prepare the batter for the cranberry orange bundt cake.
- Spatula – to scrape the sides of the bowl as you prepare the batter.
- Bundt Pan – to bake the cranberry orange cake in.
- Small Bowl – to make the simple orange glaze in.
- Whisk – to combine the ingredients for the simple glaze.
- Cooling Rack – a wire rack works great to cool the baked bundt cake.
Ingredients in this Cranberry Orange Cake Recipe
- All-Purpose Four
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Large Eggs
- Ricotta Cheese
- Fresh Orange Juice
- Orange Zest
- Fresh Cranberries
For the complete ingredient list and detailed instructions, scroll to the bottom of this post for the FREE printable recipe card.
Try this Cranberry Orange Cake!
Next time you’re looking for the perfect cake to make during the holiday season, give this Delicious Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake a try!
Did the holiday flavors of this cake get rave reviews from friends and family? Leave a comment below and give it a review for others to see what you thought of this great recipe.
On Instagram? Share your photo and tag me with @goodlifeeats and #goodlifeeatsrecipes. I’d love to see your photo of this festive bundt cake!
More Cranberry Orange Recipes
Cranberry Butter is a delicious accompaniment to toast or biscuits and is a great way to use up leftover cranberry sauce! You’ll love how tasty this whipped cranberry butter is and how easy the recipe is.
Cranberry Orange Scones are studded with tart cranberries and flavored with orange juice and zest; this recipe is a great make-ahead holiday breakfast idea!
This Cranberry Orange Walnut Relish is so easy to make and will definitely become a staple at your Thanksgiving table.
Get More Delicious Recipe Ideas via Email
Did you love this recipe for Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake? Sign up to receive Good Life Eats Email Updates and never miss another recipe!
- 3 c flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 3/4 c butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 c ricotta cheese
- juice of 3 oranges
- zest of 3 oranges
- 1 1/2 c fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 c powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of a bundt cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange zest; set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, beat on medium for 2 minutes, scraping bowl periodically. Stir in orange juice.
- Beat 1/4 of the flour mixture and ricotta cheese at a time alternately into sugar mixture on low speed till blended. Spread 1/3 of batter into the pan, then sprinkle with 1/2 of cranberries; repeat until all the batter and cranberries are used.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes in pan on wire rack.
- Remove from pan to wire rack, cool. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and orange juice. Stir until it becomes a smooth glaze. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 341Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 65mgSodium 388mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 2gSugar 31gProtein 7g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.