White Chocolate Lemon Cookies with Toasted Coconut scream of spring!
My absolute favorite MOMS Club events to host is Recipe Club. I love opening my kitchen up to friends and inviting them to share their favorite recipes in tune with our monthly theme, and me likewise with them.
There is something so enjoyable about sitting at my large round table with my friends all beside me and enjoying food together.
I always look forward to sampling new recipes that are hits in my friends’ kitchens. The food is good, the company is warm and friendly, and the conversations are always so much fun.
Today we had a surprisingly low turn out given that this month’s theme was chocolate. From a mom’s (or woman’s) point of view, it doesn’t really get much more decadent than that!
No matter the size of the turn out, it can still be a fabulous event. Intimate gatherings can be just what you need. Other times you might crave a large gathering just like you crave a big piece of chocolate cake.
I had a wonderful time this morning with 2 great friends, but those who were not in attendance due to illness were definitely missed!
Some of the yummy recipes we shared today were: Cookies and Cream Cake and Vegan Chocolate Truffles. I shared a newly created recipe for White Chocolate Lemon Cookies with Toasted Coconut.
Head over to this post to learn how to toast coconut flakes in 3 different ways (they’re all super easy!), how to store toasted coconut, how long toasted coconut lasts, and the many different ways you can use this fun, tasty ingredient!
- 1 c white sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 3/4 c butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 c shredded coconut
- 6 – 1 oz. white baking chocolate squares, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c shredded coconut, in a bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread coconut out on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Keep an eye on it; it toasts quickly. Set toasted coconut aside. Coarsely chop the white chocolate; set aside.
- Beat butter with sugars until thoroughly combined and fluffy, scraping the sides with a spatula as necessary. Beat in the eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla until combined.
- Combine flour through salt. Stir. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture beating at low speed until just combined, again scraping the sides as necessary. Stir in the lemon zest, coconut, and white chocolate.
- Roll cookies (about 2 Tbs dough per cookie). Dip each formed ball in coconut. Place prepared balls on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-13 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 36 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 15mgSodium 123mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 2gSugar 10gProtein 2g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.
Did you love this post?
Sign up for Good Life Eats email updates and never miss another update!