Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Kebabs
Every time I had planned to make these something came up. Bad weather. Too busy. Sick people. Especially bad weather. Our springs winds are strong and grilling just doesn’t work on a windy day. They’re also unpredictable. Now that we’re just weeks away from the official first day of summer, I’ve been able to grill more often without the weather getting in my way.
- Juice of 1 large lemon plus water to equal 2 cups liquid
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs kosher salt
- 1/4 c fresh, chopped rosemary
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Combine the lemon juice, water, lemon zest, rosemary, and kosher salt in a microwave-safe container. Bring mixture to a boil in the microwave, about 1-2 minutes on full power. Stir mixture until salt is dissolved and allow to steep for 20 minutes.
- Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch chunks. Add chicken to the lemon juice mixture and let soak for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare skewers by soaking in water for 30 minutes (if using wooden skewers) and preheat grill.
- Remove chicken from lemon-rosemary brine. Toss with olive oil, garlic, and pepper. Thread skewers with the chicken.
- Sprinkle with rosemary. Grill over medium-high heat until chicken is cooked through. Remove from skewers and serve over a bed of wild rice or couscous.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 219Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 51mgSodium 3258mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 3gSugar 9gProtein 19g