I don’t really remember what I had thought to say about this recipe. Lately I have so many thoughts swirling around my head and never a moment to write them down. As soon as my head hits the pillow the thoughts come rushing in and I know what I am going to say about what recipe, about what experience I had, about something a child did.
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup butter, sliced
- 1/2 c mascarpone cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 1/2 c strawberries, diced
Honey Milk Glaze
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 tsp milk
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and zest. Mix well and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and honey. Using two knives, cut the mascarpone cheese and butter into the flour mixture.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour in the egg mixture and the strawberries. Gently stir until it forms together. Knead on a floured surface a few times – be gentle so you don’t squish the strawberries.
- Divide dough into two equal portions. Flatten into 8-inch rounds. Bake at 375 degrees F on a parchment paper-lined sheet for 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine powdered sugar, honey, and milk for the glaze. Set aside until scones have cooled. Cut each round into eights. Cool on a wired rack. When cooled completely, drizzle with glaze.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 307Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 58mgSodium 317mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 5g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.