This is a fast and easy soup recipe that is full of flavor. It is a great recipe if you are short on time, but still want to enjoy a delicious dinner. Go ahead and use up that leftover rice, too! There won’t be any disappointments here!
Coconut Chicken Curry Soup
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 14 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, minced
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups freshly cooked jasmine rice
Heat the olive oil in a medium sized soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the oil, season lightly with salt and pepper. Sauté until cooked through and golden. Remove chicken and set aside. Sauté the onion, adding more oil if necessary, until tender.
Return the chicken to the pot with the onions. Add chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder and jalapeno. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add bell pepper, green onion, and cilantro and simmer an additional 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon rice into 4 bowls and top with a ladle or two of soup. Garnish with additional cilantro and a sprinkling of shredded coconut. Serve.