Quiche Lorraine for a Virtual Baby Shower!
What do you get when you have a group of food bloggers plan a baby shower? A show-stopping menu of course!
Oh how I would have loved to spend the afternoon with these talented ladies noshing on delicious bites as we celebrated Aimee’s sweet arrival. It’s times like this that I’m sad my friends are spread out all over the world.
Congratulations, Aimee, on the sweet little girl that you’re family will soon get to enjoy! Little girls are so much fun.
More Simple Bites Baby Shower Eats
- California Veggie Wraps from My Kitchen Addiction
- Grapefruit Avocado Couscous from Stetted
- Quiche Lorraine from GoodLife Eats
- Mini Berry Pies and Maple Kettle Corn from Food for My Family
- Perfectly Pink Pomegranate Smoothies from Food Your Way
- Strawberry and Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Jam Frosting from Bluebonnets and Brownies
- Strawberry Pretzel Dessert from My Baking Addiction
- Waffle Cone Fruit Cups from Dine and Dish
Happy Baby Shower, Aimee!
If you don’t know Aimee or her blog Simple Bites yet, you need to head over there! Aimee is incredibly talented in the kitchen and offers a wealth of information with each post. She’s also got a slew of talented contributors (ahem…such as yours truly) that make Simple Bites a great place to hang out.
What are your favorite baby shower eats?
- 1 unbaked pie crust (recipe)
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green only
- 10 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 cups Gruyere cheese (6 oz)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 dashes nutmeg
- 1 dash cayenne
- Prepare pie crust dough according to recipe instructions, leaving out the sugar since this is a savory recipe.
- Press it into a 8-9 inch pie plate, shaping the edges according to your desire.
- Bake the crust 5 minutes at 375˚ F.
- Remove the crust from the oven and prick the bottom and sides with the tips of a fork. Return to the oven and bake 5 more minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Cut the dark green portion and roots off the leeks and discard. Cut the remaining portion in half lengthwise, then each portion in half again lengthwise. Chop and wash the leek. (See: How to wash leeks.) Set aside.
- Dice the uncooked bacon into small, bite-sized pieces. In a medium-sized cast iron skillet, add the bacon and cook over medium heat until crispy.
- Add the chopped leeks and cook for 3 minutes, until tender.
- Grate 6 ounces of Gruyere cheese. Set aside.Add the eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne to a bowl. Lightly beat until combined. Add the leek and bacon mixture to the pie plate. Top with half of the cheese. Pour the egg mixture on top.
- Top the egg mixture with the remaining grated Gruyere. Bake at 350˚ for 35-50 minutes, or until the center is set and the top is golden brown.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 389 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 189mg Sodium: 740mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 18g