Mini Crustless Kale and Broccoli Quiches
Springtime always makes me think of quiche. I don’t know what it is about spring that brings about thoughts of deliciously baked quiche, but it does. I can just imagine waking up Easter morning to the smell of a fresh pot of coffee and the amazing aroma of Mini Crustless Kale and Broccoli Quiches happily baking away in the oven.
Not that anyone would wake up before me and cook these days…
Written by: Carla of Carla’s Confections Blog
Quiche has become one of my go-to breakfast recipes because it is such a versatile dish, perfect to make ahead and still tastes amazing after it has been frozen and thawed. I love to make more than one at a time, so I can have a fresh one on hand, and freeze the second for a breakfast in a pinch.
Another perfect way to have quiche at the drop of a hat is to make individual portions like I did here. It is so simple to do, and it cooks faster than it would in a piecrust. Not to mention the ease of it being crustless too, so you don’t have to bother with making homemade piecrust and cutting out the crust and pinching it into the muffin pan. And it is healthier too.
It doesn’t get much better than that!
I was so excited about these little guys that we ended up eating them for dinner the night I made them. I don’t even think it could be considered breakfast for dinner. It was just dinner. Because quiche is just that amazing.
You can feel free to use any vegetables you have on hand; I just happen to love kale and broccoli and they are so healthy (and counteract the half and half in my opinion). I also used pancetta, but you can just use regular bacon, because we all know there is not much in the world that is better than bacon.
Mostly, just go right ahead and make these Mini Crustless Kale and Broccoli Quiches for your loved ones to wake up to this Easter. Or any other day of the year too.
What food does Springtime make you think of?
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup kale, rinsed, removed from stalks and chopped into small chunks
- 1/2 cup diced pancetta (uncooked)
- 1 Tbsp diced green onion
- freshly ground salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- a pinch of nutmeg (or a couple grinds of fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350˙F and spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine eggs and half and half and whisk together until fully combined. Add in the seasonings, vegetables, cheese, and pancetta and stir together well.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide evenly among the 12 muffin pan holes. Top with more cheese if desired. Bake in the oven 25-30 minutes, until the eggs are set and starting to get golden brown.
- Remove and let cool slightly before removing from pan to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer in an airtight container until ready to serve. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 150 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 101mg Sodium 225mg Carbohydrates 3g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 8g