Lavender Eucalyptus Green Tea Detox Bath Salts + How to Take a Detox Bath
A Lavender Eucalyptus Green Tea Detox Bath is a great way to rejuvenate the mind, body, and skin. Read all about why detox baths work and tips for the best, most beneficial detox bath.
I love to relax by taking a nice, long detox bath. It is one of my favorite ways to carve out me time and it helps me get a great night sleep when I’m feeling over stressed.
Once every week or two – usually when the kids are gone so I’m not disrupted – I will fill the tub up with really warm water, not too hot so I don’t get overheated, add some bath salts (like these Lavender Eucalyptus Green Tea Detox Bath Salts), and just soak. Have you ever tried taking a detox bath?
Detox Baths – Why do they work?
This recipe for Lavender Eucalyptus Green Tea Detox Bath Salts features a mixture of Epsom Salts, Baking Soda, Green Tea, Vitamin E oil, Eucalyptus Essential Oil and Lavender Essential Oil. Each ingredient has properties to help to leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
Epsom Salts – Too much stress and adrenaline drain the body of magnesium, which is the main component of Epsom Salt. Restoring magnesium reduces anxiety, increases white blood cell count, promotes relaxation, and improves sleep. It decreases swelling and flushes lactic acid out of muscles. Additionally, it gently exfoliates and softens dry, rough skin.
Baking Soda – Baking soda neutralizes acids and alkalizes. pH levels are regulated. It promotes the elimination of toxins and can renew and soften dry skin.
Green Tea – Green Tea is a fantastic antioxidant and natural antiseptic. The natural antioxidants help remove toxins from your body. It can help restore balance and soothe irritated skin. Green tea also has natural antioxidants, which help in detoxing your body from toxins.
Vitamin E Oil – Vitamin E supports new cell generation and locks in moisture, helping to keep skin hydrated and glowing.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil – Eucalyptus is refreshing and soothing to sore, tired muscles. It also promotes clear breathing and helps lessen tension and mental exhaustion, thus making it very rejuvinating.
Lavender Essential Oil – Lavender has a wonderful calming affect, making it perfect to help detox your mind and body from stress while promoting relaxation and restful sleep. It is also a pain reliever and will sooth sore joints and muscles.
Tips for Taking a Detox Bath
A detox bath just as much about the experience as it is the health and relaxation benefits of the Epsom Salts, Baking Soda, Green Tea, Vitamin E oil, Eucalyptus & Lavender Essential Oil. Try these 4 tips for the best, most beneficial detox bath.
1. Start with a clean bathroom. You don’t want to ruin your nice soak in these Lavender Eucalyptus Green Tea Detox Bath Salts by starting with a cluttered bathroom or a dirty bathtub.
Visually it isn’t as relaxing to have mess all around you while you’re trying to unwind, and it isn’t healthy for the body to soak in a dirty, germ filled bathtub.
2. Stay hydrated. When I take a detox bath using bath salts, like these Lavender Eucalyptus Green Tea Detox Bath Salts, I always make sure I am properly hydrated before hand so I don’t end up dehydrated or light headed.
You will sweat and the body will lose water during a detox, so it is important to make sure you drink plenty of water. It is helpful to have a glass of cool water with you in the tub to sip on while you’re soaking.
3. Put on some mood lighting. Part of my relaxation technique is to turn the bathroom lights down low or to have them completely off and light candles. The lower light makes it more soothing.
4. Listen to some quiet music or read a book. While a detox bath is really relaxing, it can get a bit boring too. I enjoy reading a book or listening to quite music (I love Norah Jones, or other music along those lines) while I lay back and relax. The time passes a little faster and it makes it even more fun. See my book recommendations here.
More Bath & Body Recipes
For an extra moisture boost, try adding 1 tablespoon of this 1-Ingredient Whipped Coconut Body Butter to the bath.
Got rough, dry skin? Try this Rosemary Mint Sugar Scrub to exfoliate the body.
This All-Natural Lemon Kitchen Hand Scrub is great to remove dry skin and odors from the hands while leaving the skin moisturized.
Coconut Oil is a great all-purpose beauty product. Read about the 7 Easy Ways to Use Coconut Oil in Your Beauty Routine.
What is your favorite way to take a detox bath?
Lavender Eucalyptus Green Tea Detox Bath Salts
This recipe for Lavender Eucalyptus Green Tea Detox Bath Salts features a mixture of Epsom Salts, Baking Soda, Green Tea, Vitamin E oil, Eucalyptus & Lavender Oil. Each ingredient has properties to help to leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
- 5 bags Green Tea
- 1 3/4 cup Epsom Salt
- 2/3 cup Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Vitamin E Oil
- 15 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Open the tea bags and remove the loose tea leaves. Discard the empty bags. Add the green tea, epsom salt, baking soda, Vitamin E Oil, Eucalyptus, and Lavender to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade.
- Process the ingredients until combined. Transfer the mixture to a jar (I love Weck Jars!)or zip top bag. Store in a cool, dry place.
- Add 1/2 cup to warm bath water. Soak in the bath for 30 minutes.
For an extra moisture boost, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the bath water.