Honey Pecan BBQ Sauce Chicken Sliders
Honey Pecan BBQ Sauce Chicken Sliders features a slider bun piled high with chopped BBQ chicken, coleslaw and chopped pecans. This recipe was made in partnership with Fisher Nuts.
Today was moving day for us! We stayed up late last night packing the last of the dishes. I have so many things, thanks to this blog. I use them all so I don’t feel like I can get rid of anything, and I also don’t want anything to break. The kitchen is my personal nemesis when it comes to packing.
This morning we sent the kids to school and got to work on finishing up the last of the garage, random things, and cleaning. We are completely out of Kevin’s house now, and as I type this he is at the closing for the home.
Tomorrow we move in to our temporary rental and get to have some down time and back to normal life for a couple of months until the home we are building is finished.
One of the things I am most looking forward to during our time going forward is getting back into the grove with cooking, trying new recipes, and experimenting in the kitchen.
I cannot wait to cook in my new kitchen when our house is finished building, and as much as I hate packing up the kitchen, I don’t feel that way about moving in. I am really looking forward to having all of my dishes and things back and organizing my new kitchen the way I want it to be.
The last few weeks have been pretty simple eating for us as we were busy tackling other things and not wanting to add a lot of food to the refrigerator and freezer that we would end up needing to pack.
These Honey Pecan BBQ Sauce Chicken Sliders were the last really good meal that I made – and so yummy! We’ll be attending a Labor Day BBQ this weekend rather than hosting one this year with all the moving that has been going on, but if you’re bringing a dish or hosting these sliders would be a huge hit!
Let me tell you about this delicious Honey Pecan BBQ Sauce. Unlike any other recipe for BBQ sauce that I’ve made before, this recipe is thickened with Fisher Nuts Pecans, rather than using cornstarch or flour. This gives the sauce a hint of a nutty taste, while still tasting like a Honey BBQ sauce.
I love adding nuts in unexpected places, especially Fisher’s entirely preservative-free varieties. It is a great way to add a unique twist on a traditional recipe.
What else would this BBQ sauce be good with? If you’re a fan of Chicken Drumsticks, I would definitely give this Honey Pecan BBQ Sauce recipe a try next time you decide to grill a batch of drumsticks up. For instructions on how to do that, follow this recipe for Mango Habanero Drumsticks and simply replace the BBQ sauce with the one from this recipe.
For a BBQ Pulled Chicken or Pork, try adding this sauce to boneless, skinless chicken breasts inside your slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 -8 hours, or until tender.
Or, just serve the sauce as a condiment on the side at your BBQ. Happy Labor Day Weekend!
Honey Pecan BBQ Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped Poblano Pepper, seeds removed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons minced Garlic
- 1 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 1/2 cup Chopped Fisher Nuts Pecans
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Ground Mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
For the Chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Honey Pecan BBQ Sauce for basting
For the Sliders
- Prepared chicken
- 2 cups Coleslaw - store-bought Broccoli Slaw Kit, Creamy Jalapeño BBQ Coleslaw, or your favorite recipe
- 6 Slider Buns, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup Chopped Fisher Nuts Pecans
- 3 Sliced Green Onions
- Honey Pecan BBQ Sauce for serving
Honey Pecan BBQ Sauce
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the poblano pepper and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- Transfer the garlic and poblano pepper to a blender along with the remaining ingredients for the sauce (ketchup through smoked paprika). Secure the lid on the blender, and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour the pureed sauce into a medium saucepan. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Then, turn the heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer for 20 minutes, whisking every few minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
For the Chicken
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Pat the chicken dry on both sides using a paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Place the chicken on the preheated grill, close the lid, and cook for 3-5 minutes. Flip the chicken. Baste the cooked side up with BBQ sauce. Cook for an additional 3 - 5 minutes. Then, flip the chicken again baste the other side. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes more, or until chicken is done and the internal temperature is 160 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from the grill, place on a cutting board and allow to rest, tented with foil, for about 3 minutes. Then, chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
For the Sliders
- Layer chopped chicken, BBQ sauce, coleslaw, green onions, and chopped pecans in between the two bun halves.
In place of the grilled chicken, chopped rotisserie chicken or shredded slow cooker chicken works great as well!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 987 Total Fat 37g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 28g Cholesterol 130mg Sodium 1369mg Carbohydrates 118g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 7g Sugar 93g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 53g
More Recipes Made with Fisher Nuts
For a fun take on Buffalo Chicken, you might like this Buffalo Chicken Cobb Salad.
Red, White, and Blue Berry Almond Frozen Yogurt Bites are a simple and healthy after school treat.
Basil Balsamic Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits layer strawberries soaked in a sweet balsamic, basil syrup with mini almond shortcakes, whipped cream, and sliced almonds for a delicious springtime dessert.
Roasted Asparagus is drizzled with a tasty lemon walnut dressing for simple, delicious and heart-healthy side dish. in this recipe for Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Walnut Dressing
With fall approaching try this Cinnamon Applesauce Bread with Walnuts for a cozy breakfast bread.
I choose to work with Fisher Nuts because it is one of the only brands of recipe nuts entirely without preservatives. I have been compensated for my time in creating this recipe for Honey Pecan BBQ Sauce Chicken Sliders, but all opinions are my own.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are all mine.