Spiced Pomegranate Apple Cider
The week before Thanksgiving I was cruising the produce isle of my grocery store and saw a gallon of freshly pressed apple cider. I tossed that into my cart with plans to make something warm to drink.
See, I’ve decided that I don’t post nearly enough drink recipes. Why is that? Probably because I don’t make a lot of drinks. But when I do make them, I always enjoy them.
Sure we have a couple favorites around here, like Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate from last winter. Or Pineapple Limeade Cooler and Cherry Limeade Slushies from this summer. But I really don’t experiment with drinks all that much. And perhaps that is a little odd for someone who writes a food blog.
This Spiced Pomegranate Apple Cider really fit the bill. Eric was out of town the week before Thanksgiving. My quiet evenings alone (after the kids went to bed, because we all know it’s not usually quiet when kids are around) were spent watching old episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer while sipping Spiced Pomegranate Apple Cider.
Now that it is feeling a bit more like winter around here, I am craving warm things to drink. Instead of jumping to our old standby of hot chocolate, I’ve decided that I’m going to start giving some new drinks a try.
More Winter Drinks for Sipping:
What are your favorite winter drinks?
- 3 cups Pomegranate Juice
- 4 1/2 cups Pressed Apple Cider
- 2 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Whole Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Whole Allspice Berries
- 2 whole Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 large Orange, cut in slices
- 1 drop pure orange essential oil, optional
- Combine the pomegranate juice, apple cider, brown sugar, cloves, allspice, and cinnamon sticks in a small stockpot or large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil for 5 minutes. Add the orange slices. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Alternatively, keep warm in a crock-pot on low if you are entertaining for the holidays.
- Do not add whole spices to glasses or mugs when serving. Place a slice of orange in each glass. Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 158 Total Fat 1g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 17mg Carbohydrates 39g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 33g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 1g