I am all about time-savers in the kitchen. One of my favorite time-savers in the kitchen is to bake bacon in the oven.
Why would I need to bake bacon? I don’t have time to babysit it on the stove as I flip each piece to ensure even cooking. Nor do I have time to make sure no one gets hurt from grease splatters.
Baking bacon makes it so much easier to prepare and frees up my hands to accomplish other tasks that need my attention – in or out of the kitchen.
Have you ever baked your bacon before? It was a new technique to me until about a year or two ago. I couldn’t believe that I had never tried it before.
No splatters on the stove. No babysitting and flipping the bacon. No mess. No fuss. Perfectly cooked bacon every time.
How to Bake Bacon – 5 Steps to Perfect Baked Bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. This ensures the bacon doesn’t get stuck to the pan and it also makes clean up a little bit easier.
3. Place the bacon on the lined baking sheet. You’ll want to make sure the strips are not overlapping or they will be stuck together after the baking is complete.
4. Place the baking sheet in the oven on a rack positioned in the middle position.
5. Bake the bacon for 15-20 minutes. If you need longer, add an additional few minutes to compensate for varying oven temperatures, bacon thickness, or desired crispness.
More Time-Saving Kitchen Tips
This year has been the year of chaos for the Goodman family. It all started with our move, but even though we are settled in our new home our life has not seemed to get any simpler or less busy. Here are a few of my other favorite time saving techniques.
How to Freeze Cookie Dough – Whenever we make cookies we make extra dough to freeze and use throughout the coming weeks. Less mess to clean up when the dough is only prepared once. Less time spent mixing up batter.
Homemade Buttermilk Substitute – Zero time spent going to the store to buy an ingredient that I am out of when I can easily whip up a substitution at home.
Perfect Baked Potatoes Kitchen Tip – Love the short-cut method for baking perfect baked potatoes when I’m in a rush to get dinner on the table. Top them with steamed broccoli and cheddar cheese or leftover chili for a super fast dinner.
Trick for Filling Muffin Tins – This tip for filling muffin tins quickly and evenly (which greatly helps with baking times and ensuring that each muffin is done at the same time) is a favorite for sure.
How to Freeze and Reheat Pancakes and Waffles – We can enjoy a delicious hot breakfast on even the busiest of mornings or save the day for a quick “breakfast for dinner” when the most time consuming portion is already done.
This post is part of the Eat Well, Spend Less Series. Be sure to check out the other bloggers participating to see what they have to say about how we can save time in the kitchen.
- Aimee from Simple Bites
- Alyssa from Kingdom First Mom
- Carrie from Denver Bargains
- Katie from Kitchen Stewardship
- Jessica from Life as Mom
- Mandi from Life Your Way
- Shaina from Food for My Family
- Tammy from Tammy’s Recipes
What are your favorite time-saving tips?