Last night was my first day cooking dinner since back from my trip. I decided to ease into things, so we ordered pizza on Monday night. Yesterday was full of craziness – cranky kids, a failed trip to Lowes, followed by a long, but successful trip to Home Depot for a solution to the blossom end rot that is affecting one of the tomato plants. An even crankier Madeline. And a very hectic pre-meal time hour while I scramble to get something that tastes good on the table without having been grocery shopping. I’m thinking we should have had the pizza last night instead.
In the end it turned out fine, I was just exhausted and overwhelmed and I was surprised with what a delicious meal I cooked up so quickly with only ingredients we had on hand. Thank goodness for our productive garden, or I would have been not nearly as fortunate.
I have to say that shrimp is a great thing to have on hand for busy days. You can cook it frozen, no thawing necessary, and it cooks super fast. I had planned to make Disappearing Zucchini Orzo with some sort of shrimp something on the side. Instead I gave Shrimp Scampi a bit of a makeover while using up some garden zucchini and tomatoes. A two birds, one stone kind of deal. Bare with me on this one, dinner went from idea to stove to table in less than 20 minutes so measurements are vague.
- 2 large handfuls of shelled and deveined shrimp, frozen
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs parsley
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 4 handfuls of tomatoes (mixture of yellow pear and grape)
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- cooked pasta for 2
- Saute shrimp in butter until cooked through. Add garlic, saute one minute more.
- Add white wine and lemon juice. Simmer sauce until thickened, about 2 minutes. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil to pan and heat. Saute grated zucchini for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and parsley and cook an additional minute.
- Combine zucchini and tomatoes, shrimp with sauce, and pasta in a large bowl. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 441Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 38mgSodium 324mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 11g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.