I haven’t made lasagna in quite a while, but a friend and I were talking about it so I got a craving for it. I tried out a new recipe and it really hit the spot. I added some fresh basil and oregano from the garden. I couldn’t find whole wheat noodles, so I used regular. I had fresh mozzarella on had so I used that.
- 9 dried whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 large chopped onion
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs butter
- 7 oz jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tsp dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 30.5 oz jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, tender but still firm. Drain noodles; rinse with cold water. Drain well. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook onion, mushrooms, and garlic in hot butter till tender but not brown; stir in sweet peppers if using. Set aside.
- Pat and squeeze spinach dry with paper towels. In a medium bowl stir together spinach, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, the 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, basil, oregano, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Stir mushroom mixture into spinach mixture.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce evenly in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over sauce. Layer with half the mushroom-spinach mixture and 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spoon remaining spaghetti sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered, in a 375-degree oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake about 10 minutes more or till heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving to let everything set. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 669Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 59mgSodium 611mgCarbohydrates 113gFiber 20gSugar 7gProtein 34g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.