This recipe for Coconut Chicken Curry Soup is a fast and easy soup recipe that is full of flavor.
It is a great recipe if you are short on time, but still want to enjoy a delicious dinner. Go ahead and use up that leftover rice, too! There won’t be any disappointments here!
If you want to add extra coconut as a garnish, toasted coconut is delicious! Head over to this post to learn how to toast coconut flakes in 3 different ways (they’re all super easy!), how to store toasted coconut, how long toasted coconut lasts, and the many different ways you can use this fun, tasty ingredient!
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 14 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, minced
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups freshly cooked jasmine rice
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the oil, season lightly with salt and pepper. Sauté until cooked through and golden. Remove chicken and set aside. Sauté the onion, adding more oil if necessary, until tender.
- Return the chicken to the pot with the onions. Add chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder, and jalapeno. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add bell pepper, green onion, and cilantro and simmer an additional 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon rice into 4 bowls and top with a ladle or two of soup. Garnish with additional cilantro and a sprinkling of shredded coconut. Serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 243Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 9mgSodium 623mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 3gSugar 7gProtein 7g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.
Did you love this post?
Sign up for Good Life Eats email updates and never miss another update!