Chocolate Dipped Nuts is a guest post written by Allison of Some the Wiser.
I have a real sweet tooth, but lately I’ve been trying to curb my sugar habit.
I’ve been looking for snacks that give me a good dose of protein and energy, without all the unhealthy sugars.
But, sometimes I need something a little sweeter.
This simple Chocolate Dipped Nuts recipe satisfies on so many levels.
When you use high quality dark chocolate, at least 60% cacao, this recipe for Chocolate Dipped Nuts is a healthy and delicious way to survive sweet cravings.
Best of all, the nuts are so filling that you’ll only need a small handful at a time!
Choose raw, unsalted nuts known for their healthy qualities.
Nuts like almonds, walnuts, and pecans are perfect for this recipe.
And this snack is one you definitely won’t feel guilty indulging in.
These chocolate dipped nuts also make a great homemade gift for anyone who needs a little extra sweetness in their life.
They are definitely something to keep in mind as a teach gift idea as the end of the school year approaches as well as for anytime you’re in need of a simple hostess gift.
Chocolate Dipped Nuts Flavor Variations:
Dress up this basic chocolate dipped nuts recipe with a few fun variations.
- Sprinkle freshly dipped nuts with coarse sea salt
- Sprinkle freshly dipped nuts with cinnamon
- Add 4 drops of high quality orange essential oil to melted chocolate mixture
What healthy tricks do you use to satisfy your sweet tooth?
- 3 cups raw, unsalted nuts (like almonds, pecan halves, or walnut halves)
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, at least 60% cacao, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine chopped chocolate and cream over low heat. Stir constantly until mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Dip nuts halfway into melted chocolate mixture then place on parchment-covered baking sheet. When all of the nuts have been dipped, refrigerate for 30 to 40 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Eat immediately or store in the fridge or freezer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 270Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 5mgSodium 95mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 7g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.