These Roasted Cauliflower, Bacon, Leek, Mushroom Twice Baked Potatoes are a riff on the traditional twice baked potato.
They’re loaded with pureed roasted cauliflower, sautéed leeks and crimini mushrooms, bacon crumbles, and sharp cheddar cheese.
I love watching Chopped.
I am always amazed at the recipes that the competitors come up with given their provided ingredients.
It is creativity at its finest.
So many times watching that show I find myself saying, “yep, I’m hungry now” or “thank looks SO GOOD!”
Are you with me?
Sometimes I feel like I’m on an episode of that show when I haven’t been organized about grocery shopping or meal planning.
Mentally, I’m like ok, let’s see what randomness is in the fridge fridge and pantry.
Can we make anything at all with that?
Will we eat that?
Or the better question is will Logan and Madeline eat that?
I definitely feel like I just won at an episode of Chopped when I can successfully do that for our family dinnertime.
So much pressure!
Sometimes my best dinners happen that way.
Other times, not so much and I feel like I just got voted off of Chopped…by my kids!
I would personally be FREAKED OUT to be on a TV show contest like that.
I would be having some major panic.
But, when Sargento asked me to participate in a Chopped At Home Challenge I was all over that!
I love experimenting in the kitchen.
It is super fun, and can be a really good exercise in creativity and thinking outside the box…or maybe just coming up with a really yummy recipe that you weren’t otherwise planning to make.
Like these, Roasted Cauliflower, Bacon, Leek, Mushroom Twice Baked Potatoes.
My requirement for the Chopped At Home Challenge was: Comfort Food that including the following ingredients
- Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Crimini Mushrooms
I personally love Sargento cheese.
I love how it is available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and cuts, plus it is cut from 100% real, natural cheese.
Sharp Cheddar is classic and adds so much flavor to recipes.
I decided I wanted to make a twice baked potato, similar to these Broccoli Cheese Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes, only using my required elements.
Twice Baked Potatoes feel like comfort food to me, especially during the colder months.
I love something filling, hearty, and cheesy and a Twice Baked Potato totally satisfies that craving.
I decided that I was going to go with a similar approach for incorporating the cauliflower.
Once roasting and pureeing the cauliflower, I combined that with the potato, adding in sautéed leeks, mushrooms, plenty of bacon, and Sargento Fine Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
Stuffed that all back inside the potato skins, sprinkled with more cheese, and baked. SO YUMMY!
What to eat with this recipe for Roasted Cauliflower, Bacon, Leek, Mushroom Twice Baked Potatoes is completely up to you and there are so many options.
Whether you’re serving these as a main dish or a side dish, these Roasted Cauliflower, Bacon, Leek, Mushroom Twice Baked Potatoes are sure to be a hit.
Did you love this post?
Sign up for Good Life Eats email updates and never miss another update!
- 4 large Russet Baking Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 12 ounces Cauliflower Florets
- 1/4 cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 lb of Center Cut Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 10 ounces sliced Crimini Mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cup sliced Leeks
- 1 1/4 cup Sargento Fine Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a fork, pierce the potatoes all over. Using the "baked potato" function on your microwave, cook the potatoes until tender. Let sit at room temperature until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, spread the cauliflower florets onto a large baking sheet. Toss the cauliflower florets with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and roast at 425 degrees for 10 - 20 minutes, or until golden browned and tender.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the leeks and saute an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the bacon, remove 1/4 cup of the mixture and set aside for a garnish.
- In a blender or food processor, add the cauliflower, broth, and sour cream. Puree until completely smooth.
- Cut the potatoes in half, scoop out the insides, and press through a potato ricer (or mash with a potato masher) into a medium-sized bowl, reserving the potato shells on a clean baking sheet. Add the pureed cauliflower mixture, mushroom mixture, and half of the cheddar cheese. Season this mixture, according to your personal tastes, with salt and pepper.
- Divide the potato mixture evenly between the potato shells, top each potato with a bit of the reserved mushroom mixture and the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake at 375 degrees F until heated through and the cheese on top is melted. Serve.
To freeze these, prepare up to the assembly stage. Then, place in a freezer safe gallon sized zip top bag. Remove as much air as possible without smashing the potatoes, seal, and place flat in the freezer. To bake, remove from the oven and thaw in the fridge, then bake like normal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 470Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 66mgSodium 811mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 5gSugar 4gProtein 23g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.
This recipe for Roasted Cauliflower, Bacon, Leek, Mushroom Twice Baked Potatoes is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento.
The opinions and text are all mine.