Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
Nothing says summertime like an ice cold glass of fresh squeeze strawberry lemonade.
The perfect sweet and tart drink to pair with any summer BBQ.
Drink it just like it is, or use it as the base for your favorite adult cocktail.
I am so in love with this Breville Juice Fountain and so are my kids.
Last week we made tangelo juice to go with our breakfast for dinner and last night we made this delicious Fresh Strawberry Lemonade, or actually Lemon-Limeade.
It was a perfect beverage for our beautiful spring evening last night.
I’ve never used an electronic juicer before, but I can tell you I am incredibly pleased with the Breville Juice Fountain Plus. I always imagined juicing to be something difficult and messy, but it was neither.
I can see that we will be experimenting more often with juice concoctions, especially with warmer weather approaching.
The whole family loves fresh lemonade and this juicer made the process so fast and simple.
By now most of you have heard about Logan’s picky eating.
I can see that this juicer will help us encourage him to try more new fruits and vegetables.
Already he thinks it is super cool to help me make fresh juice.
A Few Highlights of the Breville Juice Fountain Plus
- Juicing Disc Filter – Stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by Italian made micro mesh filter to extract up to 30% more juice and 40% more vitamins and minerals than other juicers
- Speeds – 2 speed electronic control: High Speed for denser fruits and harder vegetables (12,000 RPM) and Low Speed for leafy vegetables and soft fruit ( 6,500 RPM)
- Large opening – you don’t need to cut most fruits and vegetables up to fit inside the juicer. A whole apple or orange will usually fit in the opening
- Easy to use! This was my first time using an electric juicer and I couldn’t believe how easy it was!
- Simple clean up. Line the pulp bucket with a plastic grocery or produce bag and discard after use. The rest of the pieces clean easily in the top shelf of the dishwasher after a quick rinse in the sink.
Treat mom to a glass of Fresh Strawberry Lemonade and this Breville Juice Fountain Plus for Mother’s Day this year…or enter for your chance to win one below!
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen strawberries; plus more whole or sliced berries for garnish
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 4-6 cups cold water, according to personal preferences
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of water
For the Strawberry Lemon-Limeade
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stems, set aside.
- Remove the peel from the lemon and limes. For the lemons, I cut the top off and peeled as if it were an orange. For the lime I used a paring knife to remove the peel.
- Put the strawberries inside the juicer.
- Place a pitcher on the other end to catch the run off. Run on low speed until all the juice has been removed.
- Do the same with the lemons and limes.
- In a large pitcher, combine 1 recipe simple syrup, the juice from the fruit and 4-6 cups cold water (to taste).
- Add ice if desired.
- Garnish with sliced lemons and strawberries. Serve chilled.
For the Simple Syrup
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Place over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Remove and let cool.
adapted from Summer Raspberry Lemonade
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 126 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 31mg Carbohydrates 33g Fiber 2g Sugar 29g Protein 0g
Mother’s Day Giveaway Prize (1 winner):
Breville Juice Fountain Plus
Thank you, Breville, for providing this giveaway!
- What other Breville item would you most like to add to your collection?
- You may NOT enter using multiple email addresses. Automatic disqualification.
- Additional entries must leave a separate comment.
- Contest ends May 13, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- Contest open to US States only.
- Winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 3 days to respond before disqualified and a new winner chosen.
Additional entries can be earned by doing any of the following, giving you a total of 6 entries. Leave a separate comment for each of your entries.
I want 2 win a @BrevilleUSA Juice Fountain from @goodlifeeats so I can make this Fresh Strawberry Lemonade http://su.pr/2v1MUI #giveaway
2. Become a fan of GoodLife Eats on Facebook.
3. Become a fan of Breville on Facebook.
4. Share the link for the Breville Juice Fountain Plus Giveaway on your Facebook wall. Winner will need to verify.