Sparkling Rhubarb Raspberry Lemonade
I have been so in love with rhubarb this spring!
I’m always looking for new ways to use it, but I just couldn’t resist turning some of the ruby red stalks into a refreshing Sparkling Rhubarb Raspberry Lemonade.
Doesn’t that sound marvelous?
Making homemade lemonade has been a fun thing for my family to do together.
We love coming up with new ways to flavor our lemonade – the more adventurous the better.
Written by: Lindsey Johnson of Cafe Johnsonia
I love the flavor of rhubarb.
It’s classically paired with strawberries, which I also really love.
I bought a jam a few years ago that was made from rhubarb and Meyer lemons and I really loved that combo.
Rhubarb is a little more versatile than we give it credit for.
I wanted to try making this homemade lemonade recipe with raspberries.
I knew it would be delicious, but also give the lemonade a gorgeous color.
I was so please with how it turned out.
Adding the sparkling water makes it ultra refreshing.
Like a Raspberry Rhubarb Spritzer.
The perfect beverage for spring!
We guzzled it down after an afternoon out at the park.
It’s perfectly sweet and tart in equal proportions with just enough fizz to tickle your nose.
Raspberry Rhubarb Sparkling Lemonade Ingredients
This recipe calls for only a few simple ingredients:
- sparkling water
The sparkling lemonade recipe itself is pretty easy, though it does take a little preparation to make the rhubarb-raspberry simple syrup.
A simple syrup is made with equal parts sugar and water.
For this one, you’ll need a few extra ingredients.
I added the rhubarb, raspberries, and lemon zest to the pot.
After it comes to a boil, let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, then strain it for a clear syrup.
The lemon juice is added at the end so it retains its brightness.
The lemon zest adds an extra lemony element that is very nice.
I’ve also included a bit of vanilla extract for another level of flavor.
It’s absolutely fantastic – you’ll never want regular lemonade again!
More Refreshing Drinks
- Strawberry Lime Agua Fresca
- Sparkling Watermelon Limeade
- Tangerine Raspberry Iced Tea
- Pineapple Limeade Cooler Recipe
- Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
- Spiced Lemonade
How are you enjoying rhubarb this year?
For the Raspberry Rhubarb Syrup
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb stalks
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups cane sugar
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh squeeze lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
To Prepare the Lemonade
- Prepared Raspberry Rhubarb Syrup
- 2 liters sparkling water
- Ice, for serving
To Make the Rhubarb Raspberry Syrup
- Place rhubarb, raspberries, sugar, and lemon zest in a saucepan.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Strain through a sieve into a clean bowl.
- Press against the solids to extract as much of the syrup as possible.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla to the syrup. You should have about 3 1/2 - 3 3/4 cups of syrup.
- Let it cool completely.
- Store in the fridge until ready to make lemonade.
To Prepare the Lemonade
- To make the lemonade, use 3 parts sparkling water to 1 part of the syrup.
- Mix together and serve over ice.
- You can substitute any berry for the raspberries, or for plain rhubarb lemonade, use a total of 5 cups chopped rhubarb.
- Lime juice can be substituted for the lemon juice for limeade.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 140 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 9mg Carbohydrates 35g Fiber 2g Sugar 31g Protein 1g