Creamy Tarragon Chicken Salad
This Creamy Tarragon Chicken Salad is the perfect chicken salad for a spring brunch or a light summer meal serves on top of a plate of mixed greens.
I’ve been waiting and waiting to make this salad, but it has been quite difficult to find fresh tarragon in stores around here.
I finally found some at Sunflower Farmer’s Market, though the other weeks I checked they were out.
I’m definitly considering planting some tarragon in my garden this year so I can make this whenever I chose, not whenever the stores decide to carry tarragon!
I don’t really have a lot to say about this salad besides how much I enjoyed it.
And how easy it was.
It was a perfect lighter feeling dinner for a warm day and was full of flavor.
The brining kept the chicken super moist.
Baking it wrapped in foil really helped pack in the flavor of the tarragon.
We had baked red potato fries (just toss with olive oil, salt & pepper – bake at 450 degree F) and pomegranate tangerine herbal iced tea with it.
The whole meal felt refreshing.
For dessert we enjoyed Almond Butter Cookies.
Leftovers for tonight and I can’t wait!
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 c water
- 4 Tbs kosher salt
- 1 stem fresh tarragon
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- fresh tarragon leaves from 2-3 stems
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- mixed greens
- Dissolve salt in water.
- Pour into a gallon sized ziplock bag.
- Submerge chicken in brining solution for 30 minutes.
- Remove, pat dry.
- Place chicken on a large sheet of foil.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Place leaves from 1 stem of fresh tarragon all over the chicken. Fold the foil up.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes, or until chicken measures 160 degrees F with a meat thermometer.
- Dice chicken and set aside in refrigerator to cool.
- Meanwhile, blend sour cream through pepper in a food processor or blender. Stirring and scraping sides periodically.
- Combine sauce with celery, grapes, and chilled chicken.
- Serve chilled on a bed of mixed greens and garnish with chopped pecans.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 268 Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Protein: 16g