Cheesecake Mousse with Lemon Curd and Strawberries
I am an official brand advocate for Bel Brands in 2013. While I receive compensation for participation as a brand advocate, opinions are my own.
I love chocolate, don’t get me wrong, but for me it has a time and a place. And that time and place is usually not during the warmer months when so many deliciously sweet berries are available. What I crave most often are springy, fruity desserts. And this time of year is perfect for getting my fix.
We have made this Cheesecake Mousse with Lemon Curd and Strawberries a few times recently. Once for our Easter dessert, and again (minus the lemon curd) with a group of second graders at Logan’s school during “Mentor Day.”
I had the opportunity to share a little bit about food blogging with a group of second graders (Logan included) in the morning and another in the afternoon after lunch. As part of our lesson we prepared a batch of Cheesecake Mousse topped with strawberries together.
I was so impressed with how well they did. I prepared of the main each steps of the recipe printed on colored card stock and then I cut everything all into strips. Their first task was to figure out what order the strips went in and glue them onto a poster board so we would have the correct instructions to prepare our recipe.
Their favorite part was using the electric mixer to make the cheesecake mousse – shocker, right? It was quite exciting in the teacher’s lounge that day. Everyone loved the dessert and was so excited to be able to make it at home. I promised them that I would get the recipe up on the blog before the year was over so I could email it to the teachers and they could all send it home with the students.
If you are crunched for time like we were, this is just as tasty without the lemon curd and even easier to prepare. But if you have a little bit of extra time the lemon curd takes it just that much better. I suggest preparing the lemon curd up to two days in advance and chilling it.
Thank you to all the second graders in my group for playing in the kitchen with me! I had a great time with you!
What is your favorite easy springtime dessert?
- 8 oz The Laughing Cow Cheese Classic Cream, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Lemon Curd
- In a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form (use an electric hand mixer or a wire whisk if you'd like to work out your arms). Add the vanilla and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the cheese over medium speed until creamy. Slowly add the powdered sugar in, 1/3 a cup at a time, and lemon juice and whip until smooth and creamy, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Using a spatula, gently fold half of the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Add the remaining whipped cream mixture and fold until combined. Refrigerate the mixture in a covered bowl for 1 - 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a bowl and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, or until the juices have released.
- Divide the cheesecake mousse mixture between 4 serving dishes. Top with a few spoonfuls of homemade lemon curd and strawberries with their juices.
To keep this dessert super simple and quick, prepare the lemon curd up to 2 days in advance and chill in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 551 Total Fat 32g Saturated Fat 20g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 153mg Sodium 468mg Carbohydrates 50g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 46g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 18g