Open Face Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches
Last week I mentioned that we made sandwiches with the Rustic Rosemary Garlic Bread. As if the bread alone wasn’t incredible enough, we had to go and make Open Face Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches! Rosemary Garlic Bread topped with balsamic and olive oil roasted squash, zucchini, and bell peppers smothered in melted provolone. Are you hungry yet?
Now, I know that the bread recipe isn’t something you can do on a busy day, but if you’ve already got the bread (by the way, it stores very well in the freezer so you can keep one loaf for now and one for later) then Open Face Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches are an excellent quick lunch or dinner idea. If you want to keep the dishes to a minimum, line the baking pan with foil when you roast the veggies. To speed the slicing I used my food processor to slice everything. It took seconds. Seriously, so fast! And I just put the food processor in the dishwasher after so I didn’t have to deal with washing it.
If you’re up for a heartier meal, try it with a side salad or some soup. I imagine that it would taste great paired with Roasted Tomato Soup with Sweet Onion or this Homemade Cream of Tomato Soup. Quick…Easy…Fast…Simple…Meatless. The recipe doesn’t have to be boring to fit that criteria.
- 8 slices Rustic Rosemary Garlic Bread
- Provolone or Mozzarella Cheese
- 12 white mushrooms
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small patty pan squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees F.
- Thinly slice all the vegetables, about 1/4 of an inch thick. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss the vegetables with olive oil and spread out on the baking sheet. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano. Roast at 425 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
- Top each slice of bread with vegetables and cheese. Remove the dirty foil from the baking pan. Place the sandwiches on the pan and cook at 425 degrees F for about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is toasty.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 125 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 186mg Carbohydrates 10g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 3g Sugar 5g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 6g