NOV

Pumpkin Pie with Caramel Pecan Topping

Dessert, Fall Recipes, Fruit Desserts, Holiday Recipes, Pies and Tarts, Seasonal Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes | 11 comments

Do you have special plans or traditions for Thanksgiving? What is your favorite recipe? Or do you have something new you’re trying this year? I want to hear about it!

Thanksgiving has been an all month event here with all the Craft posts I’ve been writing. And I’ll be doing the whole meal again (with maybe a couple extra sides too, and hopefully some helping hands this time) next week at my dad’s. I have special instructions to please make the Pumpkin Pie with Caramel Pecan Topping. Thanksgiving just would not be the same without it.

I have to admit that I’m a little bit nervous about traveling alone with the kids. We are going out a little earlier so the kids can have more time with Grandpa and Eric will arrive on Thanksgiving. I’ve never done kids on the plane without him to help me. Wish me luck! And I’d love your suggestions for how to make the trip there as easy and headache free as possible. At least the flight is non-stop.

VeggieGirl - November 18, 2009 @ 11:20 pm

Traditions = EVERYONE (big family) comes to my home and my mom and I do all the cooking and baking. Love it!Good luck traveling and have a safe, happy holiday!

Deanna - November 18, 2009 @ 11:44 pm

This looks so good. It's the best of both worlds!! For my family's Thanksgiving, I'm baking both a pumpkin pie AND a pecan pie. I with the two could just get along and I could bake this but certain family members have their favorites and don't want to budge.

Mixing Bowl Mama - November 19, 2009 @ 1:01 am

Good luck traveling with the kiddies! Bring books and movies and pens and paper! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family…ours was last month!

Kristi Case - November 19, 2009 @ 4:54 am

Yummy recipe, I always make a traditional pumpkin but maybe I will get inspired and try something new!! I've traveled with my kids at different ages on a plane by myself and one trick that worked is to go to the dollar store and spend $5 on a couple new toys for each of them (action heroes and art supplies are great). Wrap them up in wrapping paper and distribute as necessary. It keeps them occupied and if they know you have them, can be an incentive :-) Safe and happy travel.

Cristie - November 19, 2009 @ 5:42 pm

I think a dessert should always have a crunch in it- and that is what the traditional pumpkin pie is lacking- this solves the problem. Beautiful pie!

CarreyB - November 19, 2009 @ 7:39 pm

Best of both worlds!I've been the kid on the plane plenty of times. We always had lots of coloring books, books, and music (or at least headphones). Oh, and decongestants or gum for clogged ears!

pam - November 19, 2009 @ 9:03 pm

I will be making this pie! Period!And thanks so much for the great tip for removing the first slice of pie! No more struggling! No more putting the first piece on my plate because it – well – is in 5 pieces!

myrecessionkitchen - November 19, 2009 @ 11:59 pm

I've been looking on the web for a recipe like this for a week, thanks!

Sweet and Savory - November 20, 2009 @ 3:29 am

I have been thinking about makinig a pumpkin pie. This topping is the one that makes this one the winner.

Amy J in SC - November 22, 2009 @ 1:40 pm

Looks so yummy. Can I come to your house for Thanksgiving? I'm sure you'll do just fine traveling. You know the trick is to have many tricks up your sleeve – a bag of distractions if you will. Be careful and have fun!