Blue Cheese Balsamic Burgers
Back in April hubby and I went out to dinner for my birthday. For our starter we had a salad of bib lettuce, red onion, blue cheese, and walnuts with a balsamic vinaigrette. I loved it! I entered a reminder note on my cell phone about the salad so I would remember to reconstruct it at home sometime. Before I had a chance to do that, I had the idea to make burgers inspired by the flavors of the salad for a burger night a few weekends back.
The burgers were served with watermelon lemonade, watermelon slices, and sweet potatoes fries. I thought they were delish and it turned out to be a big hit. Definitely a quick way to dress up a burger. These flavors were meant to be together.
- 1 lb. ground sirloin
- 1 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- lettuce leaves, bibb or red leaf
- red onion, sliced in rounds
- Combine ground sirloin through dijon mustard. Mix well. Form into four patties.
- Grill until cooked to desired temperature. Toast buns.
- Slice onions and drizzle with additional balsamic vinegar. Spread one side with dijon mustard. Top with lettuce, burger, red onion, and top of bun. Goes great with watermelon and sweet potato fries.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 336Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 106mgSodium 595mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 35g