Spinach Feta Stuffing Balls [Holiday Recipe Exchange]
Typically I’m not much of an appetizer person.
I’d rather bring a dessert to a Holiday potluck because that’s just more my style.
I have a huge sweet tooth and I love to whip up desserts around the holidays.
From the moment I tried these Spinach Stuffing Balls when I was over at my friend Allison’s before Thanksgiving I was a fan.
What’s not to love?
Spinach, stuffing, herbs, butter and cheese all rolled up in a little ball?
I think I found an appetizer that not only do I like to eat – but is a cinch to make!
I did some searching online and found several versions of these fun Spinach Stuffing Balls.
I tweaked a few things until I felt that the recipe was perfect.
One of those tweaks was to include feta cheese in the mix.
Pin this recipe for Spinach Feta Stuffing Balls to Pinterest!
I love feta.
I often have it in my fridge even if I don’t have plans to make anything in particular.
Feta is a great all purpose cheese and I love the flavor that it can add to the simplest of dishes.
Join Jamie and me this week in sharing your recipes for your Favorite Feta Recipes for a chance to win a great gift basket from Athenos Feta.
Athenos has a great selection of feta cheeses.
Now, we want to know what your favorite way to use feta is, so join in on the fun and link up your recipe for a chance to win!
Make sure you check out Jamie’s Feta Cheese Ball.
How To Participate
For a chance to win an Athenos Feta Gift Basket valued at $150:
- Write and post a recipe on your blog featuring FETA.
- Include “Come join the fun at the My Baking Addiction and GoodLife Eats Holiday Recipe Swap sponsored by Athenos.” in your blog post.
- No blog? Just leave your recipe in the comments section.
- Add your link to the widget on either GoodLife Eats or My Baking Addiction (we have the same widget code, so only add it on one site).
- Submit your post before December. 14, 11:59 PM.
- Anyone can participate in the link up, but the prizes will ship to US addresses only.
- More detailed info are available here.
This Week’s Prize:
Athenos Feta Gift Basket valued at $150
- Serving Platter
- Serving Utensil Set
- 5 FREE coupons for Athenos Feta
- $50 Visa, Amazon, or Crate and Barrel Gift Card
Prizes provided by Athenos.
Recipe Theme Schedule:
Love this recipe for Spinach Feta Stuffing Balls?
Sign up for Good Life Eats email updates and never miss another recipe!
Be sure to follow Good Life Eats on Instagram. Tag @goodlifeeats and include the hashtag #goodlifeeatsrecipes so I can see what you’re cooking up in YOUR kitchen!
- 6 1/2 ounces dried stuffing cubes
- 1 1/3 cups hot water
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme or oregano leaves
- 1 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, water, and butter. Stir until well combined. After you have squeezed dry the spinach, chop it up even more than it was in the package so it isn't stringy. Add eggs and spinach. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a saute pan, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add the onion and saute until golden and tender, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute for another 3 minutes. Turn heat off and transfer the onion mixture to the spinach mixture. Also add the thyme leaves and feta. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Shape into 50 - 60 one inch balls. Place on 2 parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 - 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 50 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 40Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 22mgSodium 81mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 2g
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear what you thought! Leave me a comment below.